Author Topic: An awesome run Sat.  (Read 1659 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
An awesome run Sat.
« on: October 28, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »
Well I finally got off my butt, and gave the deer a break and ran my hounds. I have gotten another new addition to my pack so I was eager to see how she would work out. Well, she worked out great.  O0 They ran the hell out of 4 rabbits Sat. evening and impressed the heck out of me. My 7 month old pup Sassy, that came from Ellwood, is awesome, she soloed, packed, jumped, and flat out hung and ran with the older dogs.  O0 I could not ask for anything more from her. I smile dall night thinking of how well she did. I am still having some trouble out of my 1 1/2 yr old June, she did sight chase one, but then showed no interest once the pack picked it up and ran it.  I think she has the potential, but she is just a slow starter.  As for the other three, they worked great together and made me a proud papa. Now if the 17th would hurry up and get here so I could shoot something in front of them  :knuppel2 I would be happier.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: An awesome run Sat.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »
Sounds like a great time.I want to see pics when the 17th rolls around  O0 O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 09:18:19 AM »
That's great, BigS!  O0 Ol' ellwood sure has a great line of rabbit hounds. It sounds like you do, too.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 05:35:02 PM »
ok now tell us how many deer and yotes they ran and dont lie ya already said some of them came from Ellwood :twisted: ;D At least ya got to run our season opens next weekend and we have ran hounds a whopping 3 times since last winter
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:27:11 PM »
Sorry Plott they ran nothing but rabbits. The new female has been trash broke so I am hoping she will keep the others in track. We do not have too much of a deer problem here. And as for Ellwoods seed, well lets just say I can't let her out around any cats.  ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments