October 23, 2017, 12:50:48 PM

Author Topic: Blood Trail's first buck!!!!  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
Blood Trail's first buck!!!!
« on: October 29, 2007, 05:05:21 PM »
I was lucky enough to get an invite this year to my buddie fathers' lease which in 2500 acres in Stevens Co. I was allowed to shoot any 8 pointer, a spike, a mature doe, and a regular doe. My buddy and I got to the lease a little late and was in the stand around 5:30 pm. Walking to the stand, we must saw 20 deer. This place is a result of outstanding management. The avg. size deer taken last year was in the upper 130's class. After we settled in the stand, deer started pouring in. I wanted a buck since I killed my first deer (doe) last year at the same place with a borrowed bow (got my own now). I've killed plenty hogs with my bow but no deer. Anyway, about an hour later, a huge 8 pointer walked in and my heart was pounding. I remember my buddy saying he had held on that same deer for 2 mins before letting him walk, so I assumed that he wanted to harvest him. He milled around the area for a while and then walked off. Afterward, my buddy whispered," Hey dude, why didn't you shoot?" Boy, I could of kicked him right out of the stand!

Just before dark, this 2.5 year old 8 walked in at 17 yards and decided to get new blood on my bow. I drew back and let the arrow fly. I hit him a little high and a tad bit far back for my liking. He ran 5 yards, stopped and looked around, almost like I missed him. That 100 grain Magnus Stinger went thru him like a hot knife in butter. Then, he slowly walked off, mouth open, back in the brush. I never heard him fall. So after dark, we got down to see find the trail. To my dismay, there was very little blood, so we backed out till the morning. I was kicking myself in the butt because I should of used my Grim Reapers. Those things would of opened him up. We found him the next morning after only about 80 yards from where I shot him:

Here's one of the 8's that I could of taken. damnit!:mad:

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Blood Trail's first buck!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »
In the couple of hours we sat in the stand, we counted 18 does, 3 spikes, 2 huge 8's with +18 inch spread (I'm guessing around upper 130's low 140's) and a MONSTER 12 dream buck! I bout cried when I saw that one... :'(

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 05:40:15 PM »
Good job  O0 O0sounds like with buddies like yers ya dont need to many enemies ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »
Man that chance picture you got of the bear trying to rip that deers head off in the first pic is cool  O0

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 07:11:49 AM »
Oh yeah, thats the beard I'm growing for halloween! That's funny though! ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 02:30:29 PM »
Man that chance picture you got of the bear trying to rip that deers head off in the first pic is cool  O0
  ;D  ;D  ;D Looks like a griz to me.  :wink:  O0 Good going, BT! Yeah, with pals like that, you don't need enemies.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:06:46 AM »
Nice buck..... O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments