December 13, 2017, 02:20:21 AM

Author Topic: Bambi Trap  (Read 1138 times)

BBF

Bambi Trap
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »
 Stevens 200 at the ready ;D

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: Bambi Trap
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »
Whats that thing attached to the bottom of the rifle?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:29:09 AM »
BBF,  O0  O0  O0  O0  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:30:33 PM »
Nothing attached Techno, the rifle is resting :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 02:22:50 PM »
Nothing attached Techno, the rifle is resting :twisted:
And ready.  :twisted:  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
And ready.  :twisted:  O0

Sorry.I`ll re ask in canadian...

What kind of rest is that as I have never seen it and would like more information about it please  :twisted: :twisted: ;D ;D O0

BBF

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »
 :)

It doesn't have to be in Canadian, plain English will do.

It is called a Shoulder Gard Rifle Rest( correct spelling) and made by the MTM folks, same bunch that make all manner of ammo cases. I only have a catalog No from a Canadian Supplier. The price is Can $ 42.99. I am sure it is less in the US

This particular model has a compartment in the center that you can load up with a sandbag or lead bars. There is a sling device that goes over the back of the rifle butt. The whole contraption is supposed to absorb all or most of the recoil if you got it weighted down.

Offline bowhunter of fro ro

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 12:10:57 AM »
That looks like a predator shooting rest under your gun i have the same one  ;D very useful for sighting your guns in O0
If it's brown, it is going down!

BBF

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 11:46:31 PM »
Well guys/gals, the Bambi trap is no more. We had the remnant of "Noel" come thru here and of all the possible direction the wind could come, it picked the unprotected side to that steel stand. It toppled butt over head and there is no way we can right side it now. So I moved my operation to a groud blind. Haven't see a thing yet, it is way too warm for this place and time. Otherwise we came thru just fine. Not everybody was that fortunate in our area.

somebody asked about hunting in Canada as a non resident. Yep, you need a guide for big game and the cheapest is black bear and I think you are still looking for 4 digit numbers on cost. After that, think of a sky rocket  :shock:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 09:43:35 AM »
That's a bummer on the stand, BBF.  :sad: Hopefully, a monster buck will happen by your ground blind.  :twisted:  O0

Facebook Comments