November 19, 2017, 03:33:34 AM

Author Topic: Wolf?  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Wolf?
« on: November 04, 2007, 08:16:56 PM »
Since the poor geriatrics can't do much anymore, the wife decided to get a dog that: 1) can see; 2) can hear; 3) won't be used as a football; 4) keep anymore from messing with the boy or coming in the yard. ;D

This thing is supposed to be a German Shepherd mix, but he looks more like a wolf than a Shepherd. O0  He's a sweet dog though.  But you'd think he's starving to death by the way he follows you around if he smells food! ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wolf?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:58:08 PM »
Nice looking dog you got there. I'll guess you got 3 1/2 out of 4 criteria covered. If he's always looking for a hand out he might not run too many folks off. Exceptin' them thats a bit nervous about big dogs. Should have a darn good alarm barker at any rate, that supports the "beware of owner" approach  :knuppel2. Now the boy has a buddy for life.
  O0Congrats on the new fur kid, now you gotta teach him to butt scoot and hump everything in sight. I don't even want to know how that's done. ;D
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 03:16:35 AM »
It looks crazy I can say that.It almost looks like a coy dog...a coyote/dog cross yet it has the eyes like a wolf.
Where did the dog come from?How old is it?
A dog that smells food and wants it ;D sounds like a normal dog to me ;D ;D ;D

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:07:17 AM »
It looks crazy I can say that.It almost looks like a coy dog...a coyote/dog cross yet it has the eyes like a wolf.
Where did the dog come from?How old is it?
A dog that smells food and wants it ;D sounds like a normal dog to me ;D ;D ;D

That's what I thought when I saw the picture of that fine looking dog.  O0 Either coyote or wolf mix. Some of them make fantastic dogs.

Our coyote we raised had two litters of pups, coydogs because of neighbor dogs. Some of the pups were great pets, especially one that was a Chesapeake/coyote mix that turned out to be a red colored dog. I used to visit the owners and the dog over the following years.

A pal of mine. Tom Allworth from Wapello, Iowa, bought one of the Chesapeake coyote pups and took her home. He bred her with another Chesapeake and raised a lot of pups, selling many of them as hunting dogs. I was curious as to how the pups would work out. He says many of them made decent hunting dogs and all the offspring were friendly.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »
He's not too bad about the food, except when he's inside.  Then, any time that you've got something in your hand, he wants to know whether or not it's food. ;D

The shelter he came from listed him as a Shepherd mix, but the vet that looked at him listed him as a Husky mix.  Either way, he's cool looking. O0  He's around 2 years old now.  He can stand to gain a little weight, but when the wife picked him up Friday, he weighed 82 lbs.  All I know is that he's a horse! :shock:  Very few things slow him down going from point A to point B. ;D

He'll be a good dog for the boy.  He's big enough that Mason won't hurt him if he's playing with him.  If anything, it will be the other way around. ;D  He's protective too! O0  Mason was outside and one of the neighbors came up near the fence.  He got between Mason and the fence and was barking at the neighbor like he was going to eat them up! O0  GOOD DOG! :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:42:49 AM »
Especially nowdays, that's the right kind of dog for a kid.  O0  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 05:32:56 PM »
Being out in the middle of no where sure can be scary.Good thing the boy has a killer dog now to gaurd him from all the NOTHING thats gonna happen to him out there ;D

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »
He's probably a yote or brush wolf shepherd mix.  Around here alots of shelters won't take a dog like that that has yellow eyes.  I had a 1/2 husky 1/2 t-wolf mix from a breeder.  She was the best dog except you couldn't let her around cats or small dogs.  To her they were prey.  Great dog with kids and people.  I use to take her to the bar when I was bartending.  She lived to be 15 yrs old before we had to put her down.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 08:30:48 PM »
Being out in the middle of no where sure can be scary.Good thing the boy has a killer dog now to gaurd him from all the NOTHING thats gonna happen to him out there ;D

Yeah, you'd think, but that ain't the case anymore. >:(  Too many wackos out there anymore. :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 01:35:34 PM »
I cant believe ya would get somethin like that instead of some progeny of the Trash Pack :roll: :roll: good grief dude we usually feed lil dogs like that to the pups  ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments