October 21, 2017, 11:50:27 AM

Author Topic: any deer hunters in VT?  (Read 702 times)

Offline edze

any deer hunters in VT?
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:10:28 PM »
This is the first year I'm going to try out deer hunting.  Taught myself to squirrel hunt last year, using a single shot 20 gauge.  Lots of fun, but this year I want to get some more meat.

I'm planning on using public land (will be wearing lots of orange!), and stalk hunting (similar to how i squirrel hunt) using my 20 gauge with some Remington buckhammer slugs.

Anyone got any recommendations for locations or techniques?  I won't be too bummed if I don't get anything this year, seeing as I just started hunting, but I'd at least like to see some sign of deer out there!  I won't be taking any shots outside of 10 or 15 yards or so, as all I have is a bead sight.  I can hit pepsi cans at that range though, so it should be sufficient.

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: any deer hunters in VT?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:21 PM »
edze, i see your title is any deer hunters in Vt, where abouts in Vt are you located. 10-15 yards, good luck, i know some spots that are thick, but to get them to come that close you be lucky here. As far as spots I knew of many, and would be willing to show you a few, just let me know, tech. well be safe, for one, two make sure you know the target, three know the area, or surrondings so you will not get lost, and the few like me get called out to find you, and last but mostimportant DO NOT MAKE THE VENSION GODS ANGRY, good luck.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline edze

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 02:59:09 PM »
Sorry for my late reply, I had to go to an unexpected funeral down in Florida.  I'm in the Middlebury Area, but it looks like this year I'm gonna have to sit out, I've gotten far behind on work because of my travel and will have to spend my weekends inside :(  Thank you for the advice though

I'll try to get out and get some more squirrel though, less time and at least I know my 20 gauge will be in range :)

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »
Well unless you really have to sit this one out, but I know of a spot just a few miles north of you in Waltham, I was there this weekend, and saw a good size, but could not get a clean kill shot. so he lives for now, let me know.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Facebook Comments