December 16, 2017, 11:53:58 AM

Author Topic: Molasses  (Read 1671 times)

BBF

Molasses
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
Did anybody ever add molasses to deer corn? Would deer like the sweet stuff? :-\

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Molasses
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 06:33:42 PM »
Did anybody ever add molasses to deer corn? Would deer like the sweet stuff? :-\

I think some of the commercial blocks include molasses.  I haven't used it myself, but it seems like they would go for it.  Hopefully someone that's tried it will chime in.
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 09:01:19 AM »
Dad bought some deer corn that was mixed with molasses, and he did see a difference in how long the corn lasted compared to regular corn. It would be eaten in 2-3 days while plain corn lasted about a full week.  Deer do love sweet stuff, so in my opinion it couldn't hurt.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »
I always add Log Cabin or Mrs. Buttersworth to my corn.  The smell of the sryup attacks the deer from miles away.  They will actually dig up the ground to get more of it.  Ask Illinois he did it earlier this yr. and said it looked like someone was plowing the dirt.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline bowhunter of fro ro

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:58:24 PM »
Yes, deer love molasses corn! I have a homemade feeder from 6'' pvc pipe wrapped with camo tape  ;D Southern States sells 50lb bags of  "deer corn with molasses" Every time i filled up my feeder i would check it a week later and every bit of corn was eaten...and also bears love it too i have found some nice bear piles around my feeder as well. If you have a Southern States near you they sell it for about 8 dollors for a 50lb bag its well worth it  ;D
If it's brown, it is going down!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 07:06:21 PM »
Ask Illinois he did it earlier this yr. and said it looked like someone was plowing the dirt.

Do you mean that guy who USED to post on here?  :buck2    I think we need to revoke his license and give it to you Rice!   ;D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:40:19 AM »
Molasses makes an attractive dinner call. Sprayed cornstalks will be eaten to the ground. We used to spray our picked cornfields where we had cattle to turn into for pasture. We saw deer feeding on the sprayed cornstalks, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 11:35:38 AM »
Thats the only way to draw em in to where you want em on a regular, That I have found!! O0

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »
 :'( I sit here reading this, and you guys, and gals are lucky, we can not feedthem up, or bait them. If we do we lose our hunting rights, and big fines too, even posible jail time. I guess we are stuck to hide-and-seek with them up here.  :'(
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 11:51:48 PM »
Thats too bad mar. We have that problem for turkey season though! no baiting that is! Hell we cant even use live decoys! >:( ;D

Facebook Comments