December 12, 2017, 10:25:12 PM

Author Topic: 2007 Season Results Pic!  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: 2007 Season Results Pic!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
Never pass on a legal deer.  I didn't...

If everybody did that there would never be an 8 pointer! Oh, wait, everybody does do that and it's taken me over 4 years just to spot a "shooter"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 08:49:27 PM »
If everybody did that there would never be an 8 pointer! Oh, wait, everybody does do that and it's taken me over 4 years just to spot a "shooter"

Ahhh, quit yur whinnin'. :knuppel2  It's up to each person to decide what they want to shoot.  As long as it's a legal deer, the people can shoot what they want, as many as is legal or as many as they want.

Ya' know Tenderfoot, I used to think that everybody around me was shooting all of the good deer was why I wasn't seeing any big ones.  Then I figured out actually "how" to hunt and where the big ones were hiding.  "Magically", I started seeing big deer. O0  You might start to figure this out in a few years when that moisture dries up from behind your ears. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline worldsworsthunter83

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • born to kill
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 11:14:03 PM »
if its legal and you want it take it! but my theory is if its still early and i shoot the little guy, then you know the big boy comes out, and then you get that poaching feeling.....i dont want that feeling! let'em go..nobody wants to die a virgin :D
"Only women and children are allowed to shoot young bucks." Let'em go i swear he'll get bigger."

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »
Amen to that, BC. I hardly do know anything about deer habits, but now that I am learning, I am definately picking better times and places to sit and am seeing a lot more bucks. But if you got any tips to teach me- I NEED them- BAD! I have never proffessed being proficient at any worthwhile skills on this forum. ;D

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 10:25:57 AM »
well BC... I tried to get us out of the red in this contest, and shot an 8 on sat the 8th, and I shot a button horn (only cause he came in limpin)....but I still got one more weekend to get my adult doe....now I could have cheated and posed with the adult doe that was hangin in the background of the second pic....but staying honest here, and maybe this weekend will end my season with a bang....I'm gonna work on getting the video footage put together and get it on Youtube....(then post the link here of course....)   O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »
What Mad isn't saying is that he didn't shoot this deer with that bow. No sir... He snuck up on it, poked out of the bushes and scared it stiff. I mean come on... like THAT mug needs a weapon to kill. :evil:

No he shot it, by MISTAKE, the stupid Maple Tree he was aiming for moved, and the deer took it for the team.

Congrats Mad.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 10:12:15 AM »
No he shot it, by MISTAKE, the stupid Maple Tree he was aiming for moved, and the deer took it for the team.

Congrats Mad.
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D If you had my job, you could kill all the deer you wanted. While on patrol I dodge deer and turkeys about every evening and night at work. I try to avoid them but can't always dodge them. I have to stop for bobcats, otters, badgers, and lots of other critters, too. If one of our cougers gets in the way, I may be a tad slow on the brakes.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »
Seriously, I aint getting richer(I only imagine that as I age responsibilities and expenses/debt shall increase) and I'd love to go on a hunt up north or out west. You say there are ways to get permission/access to hunt that compound you guard, JA? I am seriously thinking about getting my lazy butt up there to help you with your road obstacles.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 09:28:24 PM »
Seriously, I aint getting richer(I only imagine that as I age responsibilities and expenses/debt shall increase) and I'd love to go on a hunt up north or out west. You say there are ways to get permission/access to hunt that compound you guard, JA? I am seriously thinking about getting my lazy butt up there to help you with your road obstacles.

How good are you at jumping through flaming hoops and getting through red duct tape? ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 11:52:59 AM »
Flaming hoops...pretty good. I juggle torches and do some acrobatics-shouldn't be a problem. As for the duck tape...that stuff has godly powers. It's omni-present, omnicient, and omni-useful. Don't mess with duck tape! (Ok, maybe it aint omnicient)

I thought I read a while back that he said some actual HUNTERS, HUNTING took some trophy deer out there- with rifles...not vehicles.

Facebook Comments