December 12, 2017, 04:57:42 PM

Author Topic: 2007 Season Results Pic!  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 2007 Season Results Pic!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 10:18:23 PM »
My understanding is that you get put into a draw, and if there's any spots left after the base commander has gotten all of his relatives and buddies in there, then you Might get selected.  After that, you've got to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck.  Also, if I read it right, nonresidents are only allowed 1 deer per year.

So, what this means is that if you are lucky enough to get selected, the first year you'll have to shoot a doe.  Then, you may not get selected again for 10-20 years, provided you apply each year. O0

John may be able to shed more light on the specifics of it, but this is what I remember from me thinking of doing it last year.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »
Ok, JA, I'll come up there and give you a keg to share...you make sure security is lax for just 1 day, ok? I'll just stand on the roadside(that is where they spend most of their time, right O0) and nail a few 180 class bucks and run my skinny butt out of town before they sober up!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 01:29:22 AM »
How good are you at jumping through flaming hoops and getting through red duct tape? ;D
Yeah, a fella can hunt our installation, but you have to fill out the application and then enter a lottery. Flaming hoops and red tape, for sure. There is a law check involved, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments