November 19, 2017, 12:29:23 PM

Author Topic: season gone  (Read 3068 times)

travo

season gone
« on: December 03, 2007, 05:35:30 PM »
one more week of season, but the ducks are all gone. froze up up here, and for all practical purposes, the duck season is over :sad: :sad: :sad: i barely know how to cope. will someone come on over to south dakota here, tape some wings to cats, chuck em up in the air and blow a duck call for me? goodbye,cruel world..............

Offline Brydawg

• Applied for my club membership...
  • If your Dawg's fat, YOU need more exercise !
Re: season gone
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:28:28 AM »
I hear ya' Travo,
 Season ended here in Mi. On Dec. 2nd. Now we have tons of Mallards comin down from Canada. :tickedoff
 I sure wish DNR could get it together.
 I managed to get a few birds this year, but not many. It was too warm in the beginning, then everything froze up.

31 Woodies
7 Mallards
1 Black Duck
2 GWT
1 Hooded Merganser
21 Canada Geese
0 Bands
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »
dang brydawg.....i'm offically nominating you for "GPS Waterfowler of the year".........come to think of it, shouldn't we be getting the nominations and categories sorted out??   Almost 2008
Proud Democrat

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 01:11:26 PM »
dang brydawg.....i'm offically nominating you for "GPS Waterfowler of the year".........come to think of it, shouldn't we be getting the nominations and categories sorted out??   Almost 2008

Yet another season ol`Travo gets SMOKED! :twisted: :twisted:

travo

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 10:50:33 PM »
um, now that you bring up the smokin deal, not to brag, but i came close to his yearly duck tallies just on my 6 day trip to north dakota, add that total to opening weekend, and ive got it beat. thats only 2 weekend out of the whole duck season, and i also had 5 or 6 after work hunts. ol brydog im sure didnt have the luxury of a 6 day trip to duck paradise or so many after work hunts, and his totals are very respectable according to alot of duck hunting standards. but smoked? ummm........no, not by a long shot.

travo

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:51:56 PM »
........he did get me on the geese by 4 for the season, but i have a 3 day trip lined up to pierre in january. all, in all, a good season, though, bry.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 08:28:59 AM »
Hey travo, just mix some gun powder and ground up duck poop into some muddy sleu water and drink it.  Just do that whenever the feelings get too strong and you should make it through it. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »

Be careful not to let this happen to you---- "MAGGOT" i'm not a full blown maggot, but i am a metal freak none the less  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
Dang...I allready posted that on his little myspace page.

Copy cat!

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »
Dang...I allready posted that on his little myspace page.

Copy cat!

I guess great minds think alike :roll:

Facebook Comments