December 12, 2017, 05:26:20 AM

Author Topic: season gone  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: season gone
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 05:06:46 PM »
I guess great minds think alike :roll:
is that really somethin ya wanna admit to
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 08:43:50 PM »
Well, what I been doing to try and keep my sanity is practicing so that I don't repeat this season. I had at least , at least 50 ducks in the bag(with no calling or fancy stuff...next year I call use motion decoys and bring an 1187!-Die my feathered friends die!)  but couldn't connect with the shots and finished the season with 9. I been scouting new waters. Even though season is ended I still been calling them down. Laying decoys in promising spots and calling(with not shotgun in the boat). I have found some realy promising spots for next year. I been dreaming about September and making sure everything will be ready and profesional and getting the boat blind imporved and working on a stationary blind over my teal grounds. But above all I have vowed to run at least 500 shells through the 870...starting from the offhand to simulate the hunt. I have yet to check out some DU managed land about 1.5 hrs away but they say it gets good around Thanksgiving and I'm gunna get my permits to hunt other state managed areas etc. Its gunna rock. I've also been unraveling the rut by running through the area of the state where the "natural record"(uncorn-fed) had come from until the 80's. I hope to land a 14 point...his bro 13 was shot on the exact land I'm hunting just a month ago. And mostly fishing and turkey calling and wondering how 3 days after snipe season ends there manage to be over 200  where there weren't but 20 flushing 50 meters off that weekend. there are always fish, too. Don't keep too busy! I still want ducks above any else, though!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
Good luck next season Travo  O0

Facebook Comments