October 20, 2017, 12:25:04 PM

Author Topic: Deer Roping  (Read 5456 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Deer Roping
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »
  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Wild time!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »
It actually is possible to rope a deer but the preferred method is from the back of a good ropin horse with yer buddy on another one  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »
It actually is possible to rope a queer but the preferred method is from the back of a good ropin horse with yer buddy on another one  O0

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 10:58:51 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun. Now you guys might not believe this but back in my younger days when I partook of quite a bit of liquid courage I roped a huge gator that was walkin across my unkle's pasture one mornin. My cousin and I had been out partyin and we pulled into Uncle Bills horse auction about daylight. I think Bobby was drivin cause he was sober enough to get the keys in the ignition. He stopped the pickup and said look at the size of that freakin lizard. I got myself up off the floorboard and said lets catch him. Did I mention we were full of demon rum? Well I staggered out of the truck with a good nylon catch rope and threw the prettiest loop over that suckers head and the gator took off towards the canal. I would have been in big trouble if he decided to come down the rope towards me. I put the rope behind my back and leaned on it like I would if I'd roped a saddle horse in a pen. When the gator reached the end of the rope I hit the ground flat on my belly and he never slowed down. He dragged me all the way to that five strand barbwire fence and thats where he left me. I think we could have captured the beast if my cousin Bobby would have stopped laughin long enough to help me.
"Kinky is using a feather." "Perverted is using the whole chicken."

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 09:12:17 AM »
Why didn't you just shoot 'im? Gator ribs for dinner!

I'd have loved to seen it myself, sounds like one funny happening.

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »
Shootin the beast would have been the smart thing to do. There was usually a shotgun and a rifle in the gun rack of that pickup but Uncle Bill was wise enough to take them out before us boys went partyin. Booze and guns don't mix well. Guess he didn't think we would get in trouble with a new catch rope. That $8 rope came out of my pay.
  The lizard lost his life a couple weeks later when one of the hired men that lived at the auction barn found him walkin around the horse pens at night. He had a pack of stray dogs bayin him and ole Johnny killed him with a pickax. The gator still had the rope on him and he measured over 11 feet long.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »
Whew... that's more gator than I'd want to tangle with using a rope. :roll: They say God protects the innocent and the stupid... I think it's because the line is too fine to tell which is which somtimes. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 08:12:02 PM »
yea KS except in this case I think its pretty clear whats what  ;D ;D But havin said that I'd been right there waitin fer my turn to throw the rope  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 11:20:42 PM »
Plott,
  Where were you in 1965 to 68 when I was rodeoin up in Iowa and the surroundin states durin the summer months. We think alike and I bet if we met up we woulda raised some hell. I've dropped my loop on some scary critters that made them ole horses I was on hope I wasn't tied hard and fast.  ;D Those were the good old days when we could still make good money here in Florida huntin cows. All but a few of the big ranches have gone to houseing developers. Its pretty sad.  :sad:

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 12:09:12 AM »
Plott,
  Where were you in 1965 to 68

Plott was smokin dope and chasing charlie while the hippies were smokin dope and making babies!

Facebook Comments