December 14, 2017, 08:02:56 AM

Author Topic: Big howdy from Texas  (Read 1900 times)

Offline jmack

Big howdy from Texas
« on: December 12, 2007, 06:47:10 PM »
Hey everyone! I just stumbled across here today, and I've been havin' a look around for abit... Nice place y'all got here. I've been a member on a few other traditional archery forums for awhile now, but those guys are so concerned about everything bein done their way only, and I've grown tired of them. This place seems more focused on hunters and huntin' in general. Everybody is on the same team ya' know? Nice an cozy like. Anywho, my name's Jeremy and it's nice ta meet ya. Think I'll sit a spell - there's a lot here to take in.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Big howdy from Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 07:59:57 PM »
Glad to have you jmack! O0  Yeah, we're not your "typical" hunting site.  But even saying that is a REALLY BIG UNDERSTATEMENT! ;D  The way we look at it, hunting is a way for people to enjoy themselves, be around others (if they wish), and possibly put some meat on the table.  As long as it's legal and the person is happy with what they do, then it's all good. O0

You'll probably notice people saying things about sharp sticks.  You'd be well served to get you a good stick and start sharpening it. O0  We usually don't poke the newbies for a while (unless they poke first), so you'll be safe for a while.

We have fun, plain and simple.  We poke each other and have a good time.  Somewhere along the way, we actually exchange some information.  This place is basically the cyber version of hunting camp.  We sit around and belch, fart, and scratch, and tell lies, err.......I mean stories to each other. O0  Occassionally, we'll have some disagreements, but they're usually few and far between, and the exchanges are always civil.

Have a look around and see what you think of the place.  Don't mind Rifle-man though.  It's natural for him to spend most of his time in the outhouse.  Don't eat anything John Andrews offers you. :buck2  You'll regret it!  Ks_Sniper can hook you up with some good crack, because apparently he's been smoking up some by some of the stuff he's been posting lately. :roll:  ;D   Travo is the one in the fetal position sucking his thumb over in the corner.  He's OK.  He's always like that for a month or two after duck season closes.  If you're looking for hair care tips, Marlin is your guy (well, person anyway).  Tech gets a little hyper sometimes.  If he starts getting on your nerves, just pitch him a biscuit and scratch him behind his ear.  He'll be OK.  Mosparky can tell you about anything that you'd ever want to know about a woman.  He lives in a sea of estrogen!  As long as he stays on his Midol, he's OK.  And then there's Gutpiles, the leader of this merry band of misfits.  Just don't look him directly in the eye and you'll be alright.  If you don't have a strong stomach though, make sure you stay upwind of him. :shock:

If you've got any questions, well.....  Keep them to yourself.  HaHa!  Just kidding! ;D  If you do have questions, don't hesitate to ask them.  We may not always had the correct answer, but we'll pile on enough B.S. to make you believe that it's the right answer. O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:13:30 PM »
Jeremy WELCOME!!!!!!!!

Forgive B C , none of the other fellers will talk with him  :'(  When we get a new member here................. he kinda rattles-on  ;D But most of what he told ya is the truth  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:49:22 PM »
Welcome to the Pile jmack!!! 

Note to self:  Ban BC.  

;D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 10:16:48 PM »

;D

Ahh, you wouldn't do that.  You can't get rid of your mascot! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:56:14 AM »
Welcome to the GPS camp, Jmack!
As you can see, we are surrounded by rascals here.

;D
You see what I mean?
Ahh, you wouldn't do that.  You can't get rid of your mascot! O0
And this, from a real ringleader!  :wink:  ;D

The whole thing is, a person has to be able to defend themself against these ruffians. I try to pass along my great knowledge to these common vandals of society and get a poke with a sharp stick  as if I am older than dirt (true), a poor crippled up old Indian (I hardly hobble), and am a possessor of great wisdom which is humorously debated by some fugitives from society hiding from the posse here in camp.  :roll:

You will meet many of the other members here and certainly will have fun and gain some more good hunting and fishing insight. We are glad to have you in camp, Jmack!  O0 Before you sit down on that guest stump to your left, you better whittle yourself some sharp poking sticks to defend yourself with.  :wink: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:08:03 AM »
Hey jmack. Welcome to the pile. Don't pay any heed to BC. He's just bitter cause his recent shoulder surgery has kept him out of the field, causing him to lose all of the ongoing hunting contests and he always gets a little twitchy when he can't feel the wood stock of his .17 HMR in his hands. :roll:

Before you sit down on that guest stump to your left, you better whittle yourself some sharp poking sticks to defend yourself with.  :wink: ;D

Oh... and be sure you don't take any seat that was previously occupied by plott. That guy has so many dogs you're sure to step and/or sit in something you'll wish you hadn't. :evil: O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 11:33:55 PM »
Welcome to the pile jmack.  Just to set you straight on John Andrews, it's perfectly fine to eat what JA serves you, just don't ask what it is or whats in it. The man is proof positive that if it can be killed , it can be eaten. And BC can pretty much tell you a dozen ways to cook it, unless it's carp or green beans.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 12:38:54 AM »
Whats Texas?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 02:11:22 AM »
Welcome to the pile jmack.  Just to set you straight on John Andrews, it's perfectly fine to eat what JA serves you, just don't ask what it is or whats in it. The man is proof positive that if it can be killed , it can be eaten. And BC can pretty much tell you a dozen ways to cook it, unless it's carp or green beans.
;D And the new guest always gets a big bowl of the Camp Pot Surprise. It's a huge iron kettle holding a rare collection of meats, a gormet dish not being duplicated anywhere else on the planet. Ask MO about the Camp Pot Surprise.  :) His bowl held one of the lucky eyeballs we all were looking into our bowls to find. MO passed on the honor, saying it should befall the next lucky winner. The winner of the lucky eyeball gets an extra serving of Surprise and is entered into a drawing for a date with Zelda Butts (one of bohica's ex-girlfriends) that lives downriver from camp.  :wink: Married individuals are exempt from the drawing and offer expires 12/31/2050.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments