November 24, 2017, 01:26:44 PM

Author Topic: dogs ?????  (Read 5121 times)

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
dogs ?????
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
as yall know i am new here. i have never hunted with dogs but would like to start and i need some people with more knowhow to turn me the right way.BY THE WAY WHAT IS THE BEST DOG ?     LOL                                                     

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: dogs ?????
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:11:32 PM »
There are some great hunters on here, but when it's comes to dogs, they all lose touch with reality and engage in creative mis-truth.    :idiot2

.......Griz to Chipmunk....they all bow before the mac-daddy:

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 11:02:48 PM »
There are some great hunters on here, but when it's comes to dogs, they all lose touch with reality and engage in creative mis-truth.    :idiot2

.......Griz to Chipmunk....they all bow before the mac-daddy:

That's not a dog..........  Now THIS is a dawg!  And a boy, of course. O0  He's tough on them teddy bears! ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 11:06:32 PM »
To answer your question digndeep, the best dog is the one that you can train, will listen to you, and most generally, the one you've got. O0  Not trying to evade the answer, but that's pretty much it.  You can train a dog for just about anything, so it's kind of up to you on what you want to do with the animal. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:12:45 AM »
well i am looking at getin a new dog ,i have used pits for hunting hogs down here but i would like something for small game. so i guess what i am saying is what breeds of dog do yall use and what do u hunt with them?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »
Plott, rifle, and AB are great hunting dog experts. In fact, I can honestly say they are professional breeders that also hunt their dogs. I bet plott will be shocked something is getting posted about him without a sharp stick poke, but the man certainly does know his dogs.  O0

BC, your big wolfdog can hunt anything he wants to.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 06:29:37 PM »
Dang J A , ya lumped me in with the " real dog men " and I thank ya but........... I just hunt squirrel dogs and don't breed any  :shock:. Plott and A B are out of my league  O0

B C answered your ? .............. I hunt a Jack Russell for squirrels  but have had sooners ( sooner ya get rid of it the better) that were good squirrel dogs !  As for rabbit ............ bout all I've ever hunted behind were beagles but I figure there are other breeds that would make a rabbit dog .

Ellwood and BigStrutter can tell ya more bout rabbit dogs  O0

"BY THE WAY WHAT IS THE BEST DOG ?  "

The one with it's feet on the wood  ;D ......... unless it's a brindle cur  :twisted:
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 01:55:25 AM »
The best dog for hunting is a pomerian hands down.......

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 10:26:49 AM »
You are right, I should have included ellwood and BigS!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »
Well it depends on what you are hunting.  What you want the dog to do. 
Where you want the dog to live.  And if you can handle hair all over the house
or not!!!!!  If not DO NOT GET A damn LAB!!!!!!  LOL

Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Facebook Comments