October 23, 2017, 03:10:13 PM

Author Topic: big scoutin' trip this weekend  (Read 1532 times)

Offline worldsworsthunter83

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • born to kill
big scoutin' trip this weekend
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »
going to jackson, ohio about 2 hours from where i live to scout for the muzzy weekend after christmas. just going because i love to hunt and might pop a doe. the guys im going with havent bagged one with bones stickin' out this year, so hopefully i can find some nice spots.

BTW here in ohio we are gettin all that snow this weekend, so that ought to make the expierence even better :sad:
"Only women and children are allowed to shoot young bucks." Let'em go i swear he'll get bigger."

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: big scoutin' trip this weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »
Good luck on your scouting trip, and be careful on the roads!  We're supposed to get some of that crap down here in KY, so I'm staying off of the roads. O0  It's not that "I" can't drive in it, it's all of the other idiots out there that don't change the way they drive when it's slick.

Be sure and take either a shotgun or rimfire rifle with you when you're scouting.  I'm sure there's a squirrel or two up there that's just asking to die. O0  You know they're taunting you, telling "Yo Momma's So Fat....." jokes to one another about your mother.  They deserve to die for such transgressions! :knuppel2

;D :twisted: O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »
BC is right! I was working in Ohio back in the 70's and 80's, and the squirrels were fearless. Somebody has to teach them a lesson. I did get in some kill time with some Kentucky squirrels in the 70's, though.  :twisted: BC, your squirrels are pretty quick, but not quick enough!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

• born to kill
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »
i couldnt agree with you guys more! i hate squirrels mostly because they sound like a 150 class buck or better when im trying to sleep in my stand!!

but your right, i wasnt gonna take a weapon, but since you mentioned it, i might just pop a few O0

if i do i will honor BC by naming my first take after him O0 O0 O0 O0
"Only women and children are allowed to shoot young bucks." Let'em go i swear he'll get bigger."

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »
i couldnt agree with you guys more! i hate squirrels mostly because they sound like a 150 class buck or better when im trying to sleep in my stand!!

but your right, i wasnt gonna take a weapon, but since you mentioned it, i might just pop a few O0

if i do i will honor BC by naming my first take after him O0 O0 O0 O0

Wait a second.........I don't want anything named after me that is laying on the ground dead, probably with a big hole through it's head! :shock:   ;D

I appreciate the thought, but that's OK. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

• born to kill
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 12:13:27 AM »
well i'll post the pic and let YOU name him 8)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »
well i'll post the pic and let YOU name him 8)

HIM?  There better be more than just 1. O0

We'll figure out a name for each one after you post the pic. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

• born to kill
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 08:04:26 AM »
well i went, and was in whitetail heaven, owner said i can come back next year and bow hunt all i want! but got the stands up and all that fun stuff didnt even see a squirrel cuz the wind was blowing about 40 mph. and his bird dog was jumpin whitetail all over the place*he will be in the house during hunts* guy owns a gun shop, awesome place, thought i was at an outfitter resort! ate a bunch of food told some good stories, i think i know where i want to live when i win the lottery!

here you go BC, its the best i could do!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
Ah, man.....  You're supposed to come back with something like this.......... :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »
Well, at least you had a good time!  O0 Nice squirrel picture, but that's not we were expecting.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments