November 17, 2017, 03:57:34 PM

Author Topic: Tales of Spook dogs new job.  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Tales of Spook dogs new job.
« on: December 15, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
I took Spook out again last night.I trapped a coon for my buddies dog and our plan was to get his dog fired up on the coon with Spook looking on,put them up and let the coon go.Pull out the dogs and let the fun commense.

Spook was a bit weary of everything that was going on and wasn`t too sure why that big dog was barking like he was.We put the dogs up and let the fat coon go.Our luck it crossed the field and headed right up a tree.We release my buddies dog and he opens up and starts singing the sweet,sweet hound tune we all have grown to love so much.

Spook was nervous with everything going on and all the new people but it didn`t stop him from following the scent trail up to the tree where my buddies dog was treeing something hard!Spook didn`t want to have much to do with the caged coon nor the big dog barking like he did but he was sure interested in "that smell".

Another fellas 11 year old son was out with us and was up to knock the coon out of the tree.2 shots later and the coon was doing the chicken dance high up in that tree! and with a THUD the action was on!Spook never worried about the noise of the gun which made me a happy handler.After the aciton had settled we decided to shoot the .22 a few more times and see how Spook felt.

Next shot goes off and Ol`Spook was trying to hump my buddies dog.THANK GOODNESS WE AIN`T GOT A GUN SHY PUP!!!!!

The night ended with something I never thought I would be out doing.We made a drop close to my buddies place,which is about 11 miles outside of the city.He has permission to hunt a few patches of woods behind his sub-division.His dog hit a hot one straight though a few back yards and out of sight.My buddy hands me his rifle and takes off one way and I head back to his place to load Spook and leave the rifle.On the way back I see Train and head off in his direction,Spook rifle and all.

I never did see anyone come out but thought to myself.

"I wonder how strange it looks to these folks I`m walking a dog with a rifle slung over my shoulder chasing another dog through their neighborhood"

Then I thought

"Plott would like this"   ;D ;D ;D O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Tales of Spook dogs new job.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »
He sure would! Where is that rascal, anyhow?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 12:26:58 PM »
He sure would! Where is that rascal, anyhow?

Last I heard he,PBR and the children took the trash pack up to the artic so Plott could become a boy scout master and teach youngsters how to shoot polar bears out of the truck right!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »
Last I heard he,PBR and the children took the trash pack up to the artic so Plott could become a boy scout master and teach youngsters how to shoot polar bears out of the truck right!
That sounds likely!  ;D I bet he doesn't do with his new truck what he does with his hunting truck. PBH would roast him.  :shock:

Plott is absolutely fearless. No kidding, the man has absolutely no fear. During his wild rides along the river and through the fields and timber, he manages to fit the truck between trees that a tape measure says is impossible. And plott accomplishes it without blinking. He says you have to kind of squirt the truck through the trees and side mirrors are replaceable. He added that power and momentum is the secret.

He suggested we go 4 wheeling with my truck when he was here hunting.  :roll:  ;D He wanted to watch my squaw beat me, actually.  ;D

He's been AWOL here probably for good reasons. When he and PBH have shipments in and out, it's long hours and hard work. I imagine the bad weather we have been having really makes it a nightmare.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 05:33:28 PM »
I never did see anyone come out but thought to myself.

"I wonder how strange it looks to these folks I`m walking a dog with a rifle slung over my shoulder chasing another dog through their neighborhood"

Then I thought

"Plott would like this"   ;D ;D ;D O0
Hell son like it ya just proved yer a real dogger none of that pansy "Oh my I hope nobody sees what I'm doin and doesnt like it"  I got some advice fer ya though if ya hunt the city parks the coon tree quick and not that high up  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »
Hell son like it ya just proved yer a real dogger none of that pansy "Oh my I hope nobody sees what I'm doin and doesnt like it"  I got some advice fer ya though if ya hunt the city parks the coon tree quick and not that high up  O0
O0That figures!  O0

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »
he's a good looking dog
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:48:04 AM by digndeep400 »

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
he's a good looking dog

Thanks!
What kind of dog are you wanting? A coonhound,a cur what?

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 06:42:10 PM »
a coonhound ,redbone or bluetick and can u keep them inside like a house dog or is it best not to spoil them  (i have herd all kinds of stuff on that) ?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:51:00 PM by digndeep400 »

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 08:09:16 PM »
a coonhound ,redbone or bluetick and can u keep them inside like a house dog or is it best not to spoil them  (i have herd all kinds of stuff on that) ?
ya can spoil them all ya want or leave them in the kennel unless trainin or huntin dont make a damn bit of differnce to the dog that has the drive Personally I dont let the smelly clumsy hounds in the house unless dyin  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments