November 15, 2018, 05:16:14 AM

Author Topic: Deer with pistol  (Read 7776 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Deer with pistol
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »
The guy that sold me my 44 Mag,is that kinda shot.  50 yds he can keep them all inside a coffee cup off hand and with a rest it's a one hole group. He's a natural in most things like that, but you also gotta remember he shot alot to tighten them that much. We started doing the math, and it turn out he put over  ton of lead through the one gun he sold me, alone. I can't shoot near that good, but if I doubt the gun or sights , I hand it to him. He prints me a clover-leaf, 5-shot group and says " it ain't the gun". Even with the one ton 44.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D KS_Sniper, you so  :uglystupid2 :idiot2! I wouldn't pull your chain. The captain of my shooting team, CW04 Nelson, was a great coach. He was double distinguise in pistol and the same with the rifle. We used to make bets (my team) for beer during pratice. I bet Nelson a 12 pack that he could not hit a Gummy Jolly Lifesaver (the Clear ones so it would blend with the white of the target) at 25 yards (offhand). I even taped it to the target at 11 o'clock becuz I knew he was used to aiming center mass. I told him he had 5 shots. The second shot, he put a bullet right thru the CENTER of the Jolly Lifesaver and didn't even break it! Left a grease mark in the center. If I lieing, I'm crying, and I aint shed a tear...

Hoskins,

See if you can pull up a CW0??? Nelson the email. He's an airwinger. I'll find out his first name tonite. Look him up and he'll verfiy that story!

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »
Ok, BT. I believe ya. BC is right that just cause I can't do it, and neither can anybody else I know, don't mean it can't, and isn't done. O0

And BC, I thought you'd know that fox squirrels will stop long enough for you to settle in, breathe properly, take careful aim, and then take the shot. ;D For how big those suckers get, I really am surprised they are so quick to stop. ??? That squirrel sat there for a good 2 or 3 seconds for me to get that shot.

Ya know, I just realized somethin... Even if I had my ex- come on here to verify the story, I will be defending that shot for the rest of my life. ;D ;D ;D :roll: :knuppel2 :tickedoff
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 01:50:22 PM »
Hoskins,

See if you can pull up a CW0??? Nelson the email. He's an airwinger. I'll find out his first name tonite. Look him up and he'll verfiy that story!
I'll look him up on the Global and send you his email via PM. O0

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »
I'll look him up on the Global and send you his email via PM. O0

Thanks alot! BTW where you stationed at?

Offline hoskins

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 03:55:40 PM »
Thanks alot! BTW where you stationed at?
Unfortunately I'm a recruiter in Knoxville, TN >:( I was stationed at Lejeune prior to this duty. When my time is up on recruiting, in 8 months O0, I'll be heading back down to Camp Lejeune. Where were you stationed at? Where did you shoot the inturmurals at? 

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »
Ok, BT. I believe ya. BC is right that just cause I can't do it, and neither can anybody else I know, don't mean it can't, and isn't done. O0

And BC, I thought you'd know that fox squirrels will stop long enough for you to settle in, breathe properly, take careful aim, and then take the shot. ;D For how big those suckers get, I really am surprised they are so quick to stop. ??? That squirrel sat there for a good 2 or 3 seconds for me to get that shot.

Oh, I know about fox squirrels.  They'll sit and let you eat a sandwich while you're getting the crosshairs ready.  Gray squirrels on the other hand....... :knuppel2  The fox squirrel population is pretty low around here though.  They're so big and dumb, they don't last too long around us KY Rednecks. ;D O0

Ks, I guess you've figured out by now that you're not a legend in your own mind anymore when it comes to shooting. ;D  It must have been a crushing blow to your ego when you figured it out. ;D ;D ;D  Bloodtrail isn't that far from you.  Maybe he can give you some shooting lessons. O0  If you're around the KY area near the end of summer, stop by and I'll let the boy give you some lessons also. O0 ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline hoskins

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »
Oh, I know about fox squirrels.  They'll sit and let you eat a sandwich while you're getting the crosshairs ready.  Gray squirrels on the other hand....... :knuppel2  The fox squirrel population is pretty low around here though.  They're so big and dumb, they don't last too long around us KY Rednecks. ;D O0
I know that it was a big deal for us to go on a squirrel hunting down in Montecello, KY on Lake Cumberland because we got to hunt fox squirrels. There aren't any fox squirrels back in the mountains, only grays. That's when I noticed that a fox was a heck of allot easier to kill than a gray. Plus the land was flat compared to hunting back in the rugged terrain of the mountians. Nothing like a bunch of hillbillies making a special 3 1/2 hour trip just to go squirrel hunting!!!!! ;D

BBF

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 10:25:12 AM »
somewhat back to the original topic. Didn't Glock come out with a 45 cal round somewhat shorter then the 45 ACP ?

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 10:56:56 AM »
yes ,the 45 GAP

Facebook Comments