October 21, 2017, 12:47:46 AM

Author Topic: Leupold vs Nikon / cheap(relatively) vs expensive  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Frank A

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Leupold vs Nikon / cheap(relatively) vs expensive
« on: December 21, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »
I looked at the Leupold  and Nikon scopes at Wal**** . The Nikon actually seemed brighter and clearer. Do you all know if  there is  a great difference between the cheaper and more expensive Leupold/ Nikon scopes of the same power(4.5 -14x 40 or 50 or 56 or 4-16x 42). It's hard to tell from the various web sites or looking at them at the store. I see the higher priced Leupolds say the lenses aren't supposed to fog from your breath in cold weather, that seems like a real plus but thus far for me seems to be more a prolem for binoculars more than my scope. Any guidance?  I am putting it on a 7mm Rem Mag. Thanks

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: Leupold vs Nikon / cheap(relatively) vs expensive
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »
Frank I was going to buy a Nikkon and BC told me not to.He said the lLeupold was the way to go.I really enjoy the clarity of my Leupold.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Leupold vs Nikon / cheap(relatively) vs expensive
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 09:30:32 PM »
I've got both Nikons and Leupolds.  I like the Leupolds more, they're clearer (outside, where it counts, instead of inside a store) and a more durable scope.  I've read articles where people have been hunting and literally fallen on their rifle, breaking the glass in the scope and it still holding it's zero.  I don't know about you, but that's a pretty tough scope in my opinion. O0

Nikon scopes are still decent scopes and well worth the money.  They're a little cheaper than Leupolds, but they aren't as well made either.  But still a good scope nonetheless. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments