December 16, 2017, 07:36:47 PM

Author Topic: Elcan Digital scope ? experience?  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Frank A

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Elcan Digital scope ? experience?
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:02:54 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this scope. It sounds great. Pricey but it does everything and 2.5x-16.5x , wow! I am looking at scopes that are almost this much $ and don't claim to do anything nearly as much . Any help would be great. See it at :

http://www.elcansportingoptics.com/home.php

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Elcan Digital scope ? experience?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »
$1,199 for the DigitalHunter??  WTF! :shock: :idiot2  Man, just get a good Leupold. O0

I've not had any experience with the scope and don't know anyone who has (all my friends be po'.....). :)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 06:44:21 AM »
Frank all that looks like to me is a glorified video camera.The most talked about feature I see is the ability to "bring back the hunt".

You can spend $200 on a brand new video camera, $300 on a leupold and get the same result.

Offline Frank A

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 08:36:30 PM »
I was looking at the Leupolds and ran across the Elcan. I have a video camera already just can't figure out how to strap it to the Leupold and video while I actually shot the gun. When I try to take pics or video sure as heck that's when the deer I want to shoot comes out , by the time  I put the camera down and pick up the gun my deer has vanished. I'll start another thread to ask about the different Leupolds .
I really didn't think of buying the Elcan too much $ but it's interesting.
Thanks

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 09:32:33 PM »
Frank, search around on here somewhere and you'll find a couple of topics where guys have made mounts for cameras that hook onto the side of their scopes. O0

I know they used a set of Weaver style rings and base.  How exactly they did it, is detailed in the posts.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 03:51:15 AM »
Say thanks to Fuzz for this one.This is the best I have seen so far

http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF/index.php?topic=6517.msg52044#msg52044

He bought a piece of aluminum from a chain hardware store.Cut it to fit inside width of the base of the scope mount.

Then drilled 1 hole for the screw.I have been meaning to get out and make one for the HMR.I woke up to find it raining so I may just have to get out and do that instead today.

Facebook Comments