October 23, 2017, 06:37:57 PM

Author Topic: Too Funny!  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Doe Belly

Too Funny!
« on: September 30, 2003, 12:36:54 PM »
I saw this one the other day and had to post it here.  How's this for fun Aussie Joe?   :D

http://www.dogbegone.com/video/gutless.wmv

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Too Funny!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 08:05:52 PM »
That was cool!!!!!!  I saw something really close to that this past weekend.  I saw a guy shoot a groundhog with a .17 cal centerfire at about 100-120 yds.  He hit a little low, and it pretty much opened the thing up!

The centerfire may be a little too hot for what I want.  I'm planning on getting the .17 rimfire that Marlin makes.  They shoot great, and you can get an after-market trigger for it that is smooth as silk.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Too Funny!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 09:11:01 PM »
The .17's are sweet.  My dad got one recently - I believe it was the Marlin - and he loves it.   (is it just Ruger and Marlin that market those right now?)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Too Funny!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 06:50:53 AM »
Anshutz (sp?) makes the .17 also, in a rimfire I know.  The guy I hunt on got one with a bull barrel, put a huge Leupold scope on it, and a Harris bipod.  Pretty much, if you can see it, you can hit it!  Watched the old man drop a crow out of a tree at about 150-175 yds with it.

I'm going to get one to squirrel hunt with.  Dang squirrels ticked me off this year.  There were about 10 up in the tops of some tall hickory trees.  Needless to say, they were safe (I had a .22 LR)!  The guy I hunt on asked where all of the squirrels were when I got back down to the cabin.  Said he expected a bushell basket full, with as much shooting as I was doing up there!!!! :D

After I get the .17, it will be "Death From Below"!!!! 8)  8)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Too Funny!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 03:18:08 AM »
ya that was pretty cool. was that a .17 or a different caliber? it was intense!!!  :shock:  :shock:  i've heard alot about the marlin also. got my eye on one with a bull barrel. have to buy the blued one though. stainless is a little out of my league right now. :wink:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Too Funny!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 09:10:55 AM »
Doe Belly, AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for posting that! I had to play it 3 times, and am going to show it to my old gunsmith pal next time he is over. :!:  :!:  :!:  :D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Too Funny!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 08:39:09 PM »
Good to my word, I got the .17!!!!!!  I did some major damage to some squirrel heads, but nothing like in the video.  They must have been using some type of centerfire with a hollow point bullet.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Too Funny!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 09:51:45 PM »
Bigcal58,  :!:   :!:  :!:  :!: Right on!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments