November 23, 2017, 11:33:32 AM

Author Topic: BROADHEADS  (Read 1159 times)

Offline .17HMRHUNTER

BROADHEADS
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »
What do yall shoot mechanical broadheads into while practicing. Im afraid the blades are gunna break in my deer target.

Offline drew

Re: BROADHEADS
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:44:54 PM »
man i'm afraid of that too my dad just got the new glen del full rut buck, and u can shoot and where and it has easy take out but i still broke 2 broadheads in it because it hit the sticks that hold the back onto it so i'm kinda iffy about shootin them now but deffently shoot ur broadhead and practice with them cuz they might shoot a little bit different just keep one or two for hunting just don't practice with them one use 1 for practice that's what i do because i only buy 3 at a time but if u buy more than that use more but alway keep a few bran new for there sharp, but if u shoot muzzy's they come with practice tips that don't have a sharp edge on it, but i never shoot them i shoot g2's
there's nothin better then waking up at 4:30 in the mornin to get ready to go in the great out doors...

Offline jc

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:16:16 PM »
i shoot mechanicals at my block target when i practice it eats it up but it dont hurt the heads any but definatly dont hunt with what you practice with ..but with the grim reapers i practice with acouple then just repair them before you hunt with complete replacement blades then  there new again.... O0

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 01:14:26 AM »
i shoot at a block 4x4

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »
First of all, if your mechs are breaking in foam targets, STOP BUYIN CRIMSON BH"S!!!! If your not shooting those then buy some more durable mechs like Grim Reapers. I shoot mine in hay bales.

Facebook Comments