October 23, 2017, 03:10:57 PM

Author Topic: PSE Firestorm X Questions  (Read 6412 times)

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: PSE Firestorm X Questions
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »
oh,oh ,oh :tickedoff slow old mathews ? i think not
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:01:51 AM by digndeep400 »

Offline IllinoisBoHunter

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • True Happiness is a Steamin Gutpile!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 02:19:42 AM »
oh,oh ,oh :tickedoff slow old mathews ? i think not
LOL...........IM A PROUD X SHOOTER ALL DA WAY AND I CAN PROMISE U WONT OUTSHOOT ME AND DA X.............. :wink:

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 03:21:55 AM »
lol ;D we will see

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 09:51:50 AM »
well  It sounds like a pretty good deal If you don't  mind getting rid of the rifle.I have found a couple on other web sites most want 700 for the bare bow.If you get it and would like to get a couple more fps. out of it.Take the pom poms off and put the sts on it.That will work better for taking the buzz out of the string.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline IllinoisBoHunter

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • True Happiness is a Steamin Gutpile!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 11:19:41 AM »
Mathews anymore is all hype....Everyone thinks once they get a mathews in their hands they turn into an instant PRO......Hate too say it but look around alittle and the PROs have thrown the mathews too the side and picked up the x line....Mathews isnt a bad bow dont get me wrong, but they are getting their asses whopped by better bows out there..................... :D

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »
lol  ;D what are u on? i need to get me some :idiot2

travo

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 01:35:17 AM »
dig'n, mathews was cutting edge up to 2 years ago, now they are yesterdays news. yes, they lead the industry and did a great job for the last decade, but their time has past. when your greatest newest innovation is a slimmer limb, ya gotcha some problems. when a 60 lb pse shoots the same arrow faster than your 70 lb mathews, ya got some problems. what has happened is that they have gimmicked themselves into a slump. the whole "hire the best shooters to make us look good" strategy doesnt work anymore, because people have realized that that is just what was goin on. nothin wrong with mathews, still a good company, make good bows, but leader of the pack? nope. right now, i would say bowtech is probably kickin everyone elses butt in sales, and that, my freinds, is what tells you who leads the pack. know what the best bow is? the one you happen to shoot best, and that varies for everyone. PSE really did suck for some time, BUT pete shepley has come back out of retirement to kickstart the company and try to drive it back to the top, and from a technical standpoint, he has. there is not a bow made today that will match the x force. not even close. and im an alpine guy, no loyalties to pse, but stats are stats, and ibo speeds dont lie.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »
high country has one for ya to compare to the x force---http://www.highcountryarchery.com/     fast easy on the eyes and screams too.lol

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »
Well, I ended up getting a High Contry Iron Mace. This bow is sicken fast! My old Parker I was pulling around 270 fps. With the same arrows, I'm at a blistering speed of 354 fps! I'm going to order those speed pro arrows after shooting some this weekend. I was clocking those at 386 with a 100 grain tip..... :D :D

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »
Well congrats on the new bow.Did ya get the speed force or the Iron mace?The speed pro arrows are great for gaining speed but not real durable.What arrows did you shoot out of your parker?Well the Iron mace seems to be a pretty nice rig (kinda takes the curve out of the rainbow) at different yardages.

Facebook Comments