October 20, 2017, 06:48:33 AM

Author Topic: PSE Firestorm X Questions  (Read 6410 times)

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: PSE Firestorm X Questions
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »
yes ,but speed isn't everything and i shoot a switchback xt and it still has less jump than any other bow i have shot

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
Well your right speed isn't everything.The xt is a very nice bow smooth,mildly fast,accurate bow.The single cam bows are very smooth for the most part.there is some bow companies that make single cam bows that have a harsher draw cycle on the cam to attain a better speed out of them.The speed bows of today are alot different than the 80-90's,but still not for everybody.It all comes down to the individual person.When looking for a bow most people shoot a few different models (hopefully).The feel of the bow ,the draw curve, including the shot(noise,hand shock ect.) The ability to shoot it  (testing of the bow).Alot of the average speed bows of todays have a 7inch or better brace height which should be very manageable for most people.I personally like a speeder bow because I shoot in alot of longer shoots.This will help in judging yardage to a certain degree.I don't see why people are so against a bow that is quite, 7or better brace height,not alot of hand shock,easy to tune and keep in tune, draw feels right  to that person,and very fast.This would be a well rounded package.The speed adds kinetic energy to aid in cleanly harvesting animals.There is many things other than speed that make a good bow.But since the bow was invented there has always been a push to make the bow faster.With trial and error some mighty find bows have been made including the xt.When we increase the efficiency of todays bows speed will increase  to a certain point of maximum efficiency.   
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »
350 + fps= dead deer in my book. Take some 50 yard shots...he might not even hear the bow snap before the arrow gets there O0.
 Glad to hear you like that new bow.

Bowtech is leading the pack in sales and tech at the moment. One of my buds Dads got the guardian and was shooting it right next to where we were workin on his mower and I never even knew until I looked up and over my shoulder and saw 6 arrows stuck in the bag about 40 yards away. The thing is absoultely silent and draws smoother than a babies butt. Aint half bad with accuracy either! My only beef is it's ugly with those 2 pronged type risers.

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »
yeah ,to be honest the only reason i picked that bow over any other is the fact that the bow pro shop in my area is the only place to get a bow worked on and they only sell Mathews so i figured i would go with it

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »
well I own a Mathews myself there a nice bow can't get to much smoother.My only concern is they are kinda stuck in a rut.I think they have come as far as they can with the solo cam.For the money there not alot happening in the design area,speed is getting farther and farther behind.There a great product solid and smooth.The bows that are coming out lately all seem to be great products.Its hard to compete with that when your just bringing out something your already have done.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 03:59:51 PM »
I think Bowtech is leading the way. I really love the Marquis, 82nd and Tribute. Fast and smooth and the 82nd is just stupid fast. I like my Iron Mace. It has a really light valley and a super solid back wall. Not like my Parker (Which, IMO, is still an awesome bow for me). The shock is very light but i do notice a slight sound but nothing STS can't fix. Plus, at 350 fps with my Cabelas Hunter Pros and 100 grain Grim Reapers, I'll think I'll step off about 80 yards and let'em fly! O0

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 04:17:30 PM »
Well the mace is a great bow the sts should take the noise out of it.That mace really adds the kinetic energy up something like over 100 fp kinetic energy.With them grim reapers you should be able to handle even the biggest hogs good luck with the new bow.

travo

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 05:45:51 PM »
congrats on the new bow, bloodtrail, sounds like a screamer. let me know how the arrows perform, been lookin at those same ones because of the low price, but have heard both good and bad things about em.if they can handle a rocket bow like yours, they should hold up to about anything.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »
That's all I shoot is Hunter Pro's. They're awesome!

Facebook Comments