December 15, 2017, 04:36:50 PM

Author Topic: Been lurking  (Read 1002 times)

Offline s0l0ithz

Been lurking
« on: January 13, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »
My name is Tom. Found the site though a search for recipies back in november and have been lurking ever since. very cool site with what seem to be a great bunch of people. A little about how i got in to hunting, As a child I used to go out with my father a few times a year to hunt whitetail in Naples,Ny. I just never got bit by the hutning bug so as a preteen and teenager I just never went. I have a younger brother who when he turned 16 went and got his hutning license and went out for about 2 years and never shot at a deer. So I went and got my license when i was 19 to show him up and shot a big old doe and then it started. the bug hit hard. I started to turkey hunt and bow hunt. thats how it started. :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Been lurking
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 05:59:15 PM »
Glad to have you Tom. O0  I'll have to agree, this is about the best bunch of guys/gals you'll meet on the internet.  We have very few arguments and everyone seems to get along pretty well.

Sounds like you got a slow start, but you got a start at hunting, so that's all that matters. O0  Jump in on some of the topics that are going, and start some of your own.  If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to ask them.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:39:43 PM »
Welcome the the pile  O0 O0

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:02:30 PM »
Welcome to the site; from your reident JARHEAD!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 03:02:51 PM »
Welcome to the gang, Tom!  O0 Ya better whittle yourself some sharp poking sticks, first things first!  :wink:  O0  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments