November 18, 2017, 03:25:55 AM

Author Topic: Anyone turkey hunt here?  (Read 5885 times)

turkeynutz

Anyone turkey hunt here?
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »
Just wanten to know if anyone turkey hunts and where?

Offline hoskins

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
Re: Anyone turkey hunt here?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:53:42 PM »
Yeah I do. As to where, well it's according to where the Marine Corps has me stationed at! So far I've hunted in KY and NC. However, since I'm stationed in TN, I'll be hunting here in TN and KY this year! I love Turkey Hunting, even though I haven't harvested one YET, I would have to say that it is my favorite type of hunting! I've called plenty in, but it seems that something always gets in the way of me calling them into gun range! >:( Ah, my day will come and hopefully it will be this year! O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:54:51 PM »
I try to get out each spring, but wasn't able to this past spring.  This year should be different though. O0  I've tried it in the fall, but never really got into it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:12:05 PM »
I hunt both fall and spring! This year I will get to hunt four states instead of two! I cant wait! Kansas, Okla., Nebraska,and Missouri where I am moven to in a month or two! We already got a house there but I cant leave here til I sell this one! One thing bout you being in the service, you can hunt any state you want to! And if I was you, I would be on a three month leave!!! O0

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »
I'm not a die hard turkey hunter but we hunt them here in MI.I was leaning against a tree in the late doe season had 153 birds within 15 ft of me.I saw a hen with a beard I want to shoot.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »
I kill a few every year. I use a Ford bullet. They go THUD or BUMPBUMP when the tires run over them.
Not on purpose, though. They dart out in front while I am on patrol. Coyotes and possums gotta eat, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
Not on purpose, though.

Quit lying to these fine folks. :knuppel2

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »
Quit lying to these fine folks. :knuppel2
:roll:  ;D I remember when I radioed in that I had just hit another turkey. When I got back to HQ, my old crusty Captain Zack told me, "Ya SOB, ya drive around with yer mouth waterin"!  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 10:53:18 AM »
:roll:  ;D I remember when I radioed in that I had just hit another turkey. When I got back to HQ, my old crusty Captain Zack told me, "Ya SOB, ya drive around with yer mouth waterin"!  ;D

That man was right too! ;D  But that's why you're so many people's "HERO" on here. O0  It's not like the rest of us can just drive around "shopping" for what we want and then just hit the gas when we find what we're looking for! ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 11:02:40 AM »
That man was right too! ;D  But that's why you're so many people's "HERO" on here. O0  It's not like the rest of us can just drive around "shopping" for what we want and then just hit the gas when we find what we're looking for! ;D
:roll:  ;D Yep, it is much better now, since I haven't had to buy store meat for years.  :twisted:  ;D High speed big bed V8 shopping cart.  :twisted:  ;D

Facebook Comments