November 24, 2017, 04:18:32 AM

Author Topic: Anyone turkey hunt here?  (Read 5894 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Anyone turkey hunt here?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 12:54:35 PM »
High speed big bed V8 shopping cart.  :twisted:  ;D

There's a lot of truth to that statement. ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »
I'd love to turkey hunt...soon as I can find a place I feel safe enough to be in full camo sounding like a turkey...public lands put me on edge...and I need to ask a few farms again this year-being careful to specify I would use a bow and not hit any of their horses/cows. I'm gunna be calling your name a lot this spring, TN...so I hope you know something about the birds.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 07:20:14 PM »
I hunt them in the Spring!!!!  I hunt in NC and sometimes back in VA.  Starting last spring my goal was to get Kayla her first gobbler. Didn't have any luck, but we will be back at it this spring. O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 10:03:51 PM »
I hunt them in the Spring!!!!  I hunt in NC and sometimes back in VA.  Starting last spring my goal was to get Kayla her first gobbler. Didn't have any luck, but we will be back at it this spring. O0

Ned

Where do you hunt at in NC? You can PM me if you want, I've only hunted down at Camp Lejeune and surrounding areas.

turkeynutz

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »
I'm not a die hard turkey hunter but we hunt them here in MI.I was leaning against a tree in the late doe season had 153 birds within 15 ft of me.I saw a hen with a beard I want to shoot.
We have a few of them around here! I dont shoot them, they are the good layers! I have been told that when a hen gets a beard she is at least 5 years old and is the best laying hen!

turkeynutz

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »
I'd love to turkey hunt...soon as I can find a place I feel safe enough to be in full camo sounding like a turkey...public lands put me on edge...and I need to ask a few farms again this year-being careful to specify I would use a bow and not hit any of their horses/cows. I'm gunna be calling your name a lot this spring, TN...so I hope you know something about the birds.
It is rough to hunt public land here too! I am lucky to have bout 8 different properties with turkey on em! And we got 5 properties in Kansas! Nebraska is all public and I got 160 in Missouri so far! Cant afford Texas yet!!

turkeynutz

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:45:19 PM »
I kill a few every year. I use a Ford bullet. They go THUD or BUMPBUMP when the tires run over them.
Not on purpose, though. They dart out in front while I am on patrol. Coyotes and possums gotta eat, too.
You got some turkey track stickers on the side of your car to show off your number of kills? :twisted: O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 10:50:13 PM »

Ned
I took my youngest daughter (14) out last season for her first turkey hunt, she missed a long beard the first day, and got her a jake the second day! That was it, she was satisfied and didnt want to go the rest of season! I didnt push her to go, I figured when she wants to go again I will be there to take her!

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 01:08:47 AM »
I've killed several turkeys all during the fall, and 2 years ago I took Drew out for his first spring hunt and he nailed a nice jake...I have yet to kill one during the spring  :knuppel2 but the land we hunt on the turkeys dont sound off as much anymore, and were thinking its because of coyotes.... :'( .....were gonna try and nail them coyotes though....
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

turkeynutz

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 07:02:05 PM »
Check for bobcats too! That has kept my turkeys lock jawed on two of my properties! Them suckers will climb in the tree and get em at night time!

Facebook Comments