November 22, 2017, 04:17:33 AM

Author Topic: Anyone turkey hunt here?  (Read 5893 times)

Offline hoskins

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
Re: Anyone turkey hunt here?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 07:30:52 PM »
I'd say that if coyote and bobcats were in season year round, then they would be hunted year round!

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 08:57:40 PM »
The raccoons do that hear saw several during bow season doing it
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

turkeynutz

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »
Yes, all these critters is why our quial population sux here! If you want any quial you have to buy it!

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 12:28:53 AM »
our coyote season closes like March 25, or 28th....but as soon as I heard states like Ohio have open season, I wrote a letter to our New York Outdoor News...and I've seen others with the same idea....open the season on predators, and allow more small game to live for hunters....(even though I've never heard of anyone killing a coyote out of season while spring turkey hunting.... I'm sure it does happen)  :roll: :knuppel2 8) :twisted:
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 08:54:31 AM »
A couple years back I was hunting with my son watched a momma red fox crawl across a field on her belly tell she got within range then she attacked taking the head off my decoy. I had been watching her earlier carrying her pups from one den to a different one.The male was around but never bothered decoy.They shoot yotes during turkey season around here just not talked about.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
Our coyote season is year-round here in KY.  The only restriction that they put on it is during deer season, only legal deer hunters can take them.  That's to eliminate people saying they're coyote hunting, when they're really deer hunting without tags. O0

Most of the coyotes I've seen were during turkey season.  They never seem to present themselves when I have a rifle handy. >:(  Another thing that can put a hurting on small game and turkey populations are cats. >:(  Several years ago while turkey hunting, I watched a big old black tom cat coming around the edge of the food plot.  When I first saw him, he was a long way away.  After a bit, I lost sight of him.  In about a half an hour, I noticed something out of place coming up over the edge of the hill in front of me.  Gradually, I noticed that it was the head of the cat, stalking up on my decoys.  When his head was in full view over the edge of the hill, I let him have it was a 3" load of #4 shot. :twisted: O0

I hate cats. :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 07:13:06 PM »
I shot two yotes this past deer season myself! Everyone we see we kill around here!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 08:17:53 AM »
You got some turkey track stickers on the side of your car to show off your number of kills? :twisted: O0
Government frowns on that, any markings on vehicles other than their own.   :roll: :'(  ;D

Nice going on the cat, BC!  :twisted: You rock!  O0 O0 O0 O0

#$*#$!*$&^*# bobcats are as bad as housecats about killing much more than they can eat. I get reports of them, like a recent one that a fella that saw a bobcat with 4 dead rabbits and not eating any of them.

I see them on the roads while I am am patrol. I should be slower on the patrol vehicle brakes from now on.  :twisted: Most of the dumb bobcats just stand on the road and look around, no concern about me sitting in the truck watching them just a few feet away in front of the truck.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »
Yeah, the bobs around here do the same thing...just watch look at you in your car with no regard...until every hound in the whole county comes chasing after them. I rarely see the cats without a couple of dogs running them.

turkeynutz

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 11:05:27 PM »
That sux john! We have a lotof bobcats here too! And they get what the yotes get too! Havent shot a lion yet, but have came close a couple times! We can kill them now! After years of the state denying they transplanted em here, they fessed up to it last year!!

Facebook Comments