November 22, 2017, 02:24:35 AM

Author Topic: Anyone turkey hunt here?  (Read 5892 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Anyone turkey hunt here?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:34 AM »
We had a limited bobcat season here, a small given number were allowed to be harvest. To shoot one, you had to have an additional license. The quota was filled in a couple of days.
Small game population has suffered greatly in this area because of the combined predation of  overpopulated and protected species.  >:(
On top of everything else, many days I see 30 or 40 eagles soaring over my house, some pretty low. Eagles eat anything they decide to eat. When they cruise over the woods, everything shuts down for good reason.
From what all the hunters are telling me, they see no rabbits and only a few tracks made at night. Areas I see lots of small game is devoid of game this time of year. Even during patrol at night I see very little of small game. Quail coveys I keep track of are completely wiped out by the time of the first snowfall, or are down to single digits.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hoskins

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »
We had a limited bobcat season here, a small given number were allowed to be harvest. To shoot one, you had to have an additional license. The quota was filled in a couple of days.
Small game population has suffered greatly in this area because of the combined predation of  overpopulated and protected species.  >:(
On top of everything else, many days I see 30 or 40 eagles soaring over my house, some pretty low. Eagles eat anything they decide to eat. When they cruise over the woods, everything shuts down for good reason.
From what all the hunters are telling me, they see no rabbits and only a few tracks made at night. Areas I see lots of small game is devoid of game this time of year. Even during patrol at night I see very little of small game. Quail coveys I keep track of are completely wiped out by the time of the first snowfall, or are down to single digits.
Well, I mean---if they run out in front of your truck----and you hit them------what is a man suppose to do? ??? :twisted: ^-^ ;D

Offline redneckhntr

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »
Yep.I hunt in bedford county Virginia.
Mathews Switchback XT
TRU BALL Tornado
Beman MFX Micros
NAP Thunderhead Xp
NAP Shockblocker
Toxonics Metal Optix 3 pin

turkeynutz

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
Im fixen to head back to okla. tonite and get ready for opening day sunday!So good luck to all!!

turkeynutz

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »
Well, I tagged out in okla. and got one more to go here in mo. I am headed to ks. around the 17th, its when it gets good where I like hunten up there! check you all later!

Facebook Comments