November 17, 2017, 02:15:31 PM

Author Topic: The dog box  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
The dog box
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »
It seems like today everything costs a ton of money.As I started looking for dog boxes I found that the norm for a dog box was about $250.00

With the winter months here and the work slow...I can`t afford to spend the outragous price most folks want for a box.I was complaining to a buddy about the prices of boxes and he graciously introduced me to a fellow out of KY who builds boxes for a true,blue coller Americans wallet! O0

http://www.dogboxes.net/dog-boxes.htm

His standard,single box is $95.00 and they last!

Well...that takes care of a dog box...and it`s by a blue coller American O0 O0 O0

Untill the money is growing on the lawn again I had to make due with what I had laying around.

I took Schranz`s old plastic doghouse and converted it into Spooks new temp box.

The 2X4 at the bottom of the opening is used for keeping bedding inside of the house and to provide a spot for the dog to rest it`s head.I had allready put the 2X4 in so I didn`t have to work with that.

To put the 2X4 in I simply used 2 inch wood screws to attach it to the house.The 2X4 is on the inside and I screwed from the outside in.This way the screws will bury themselved in the wood and not come out the other side.Had I used screws longer...I would have used the grinder to make the ends flush with the 2X4 OR used calk to cover the sharp points.

I used a 3 inch door hinge to attach the 1/4 OSB door to the plastic house.I drilled holes for nuts and bolts rather than use screws here....I only had 2 sets so the 3rd hole is wide open.I added a simple strip of OSB...a scrap piece from the door...to attach the latch holder.The main bolt for the latch was attached to the door using 1 inch screws.These I used the grinder to make flush with the OSB.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: The dog box
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »
Dude that thing is so redneck its awesome  O0 O0 Oh yeah by the way that dudes dog box is still 250 bucks fer the size normal people need
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: The dog box
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Oh yeah by the way that dudes dog box is still 250 bucks fer the size normal people need

+1 for Plott  ;D ;D ;D

I hadn`t even checked out sizes and I forgot too mention to my buddy they won`t be holding catch dogs..a coon dog is massive compared to a bulldog.

Facebook Comments