December 15, 2017, 07:00:10 AM

Author Topic: Deer Season Ended Today  (Read 1384 times)

Offline eyebowhunt2

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I know tech and plott
Deer Season Ended Today
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:25 PM »
With deer season over today I am going to have to find an alternative place to shoot.  The Bow shop in town is starting a Bow league, which I will join stay tuned for the updates lol.  also there is a bow club in town that offers shoots once a month.  I will also join that.  that should keep me in practice until Oct. 1.  What does everyone else do to stay in practice?
2007 GutPileStyles Golden Intestine Awards
Short Bus Gutpiler of the Year Award

And the winner is ---------- By unanimous vote -- Eyebowhunt2

Card Carrying Member of \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The Deer Stabbers Club\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline hoskins

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
Re: Deer Season Ended Today
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:02:25 PM »
With deer season over today I am going to have to find an alternative place to shoot.  The Bow shop in town is starting a Bow league, which I will join stay tuned for the updates lol.  also there is a bow club in town that offers shoots once a month.  I will also join that.  that should keep me in practice until Oct. 1.  What does everyone else do to stay in practice?
I'm too lazy to practice year round. I usually start practicing about 2 months or so before opening day. It's hard for me to shoot at all right now, seeing how someone from the moving company that moved us here from Camp Lejeune, NC to Knoxville, TN stole my Bow, case, 3 dozen arrows, broad heads, tools, quick release, ect..... It was all in my Bow case and they just took it!!! :tickedoff Man if I could find out who done it :knuppel2 Ah, the Marine Corps is SUPPOSE to reimburse me :roll:, but that's been over 2 years ago >:( Ah, I should be getting a hefty reenlistment bonus so I'll be shopping for a new bow here pretty soon O0

Offline eyebowhunt2

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I know tech and plott
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »
My ex is inthe army and i remember how things just seem to disappear on the move.  LOL  i dont like to gun hunt as it is only 2 weekends a year.  Good luck on getting a new bow there are alot out there!!!
2007 GutPileStyles Golden Intestine Awards
Short Bus Gutpiler of the Year Award

And the winner is ---------- By unanimous vote -- Eyebowhunt2

Card Carrying Member of \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The Deer Stabbers Club\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:17:18 PM »
Hoskins, sounds like you need to start through the red tape again to get reimbursed for your bow.  I don't know about you, but for me, I could go through a heck of a lot of red tape to get about $500 or more. :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:03:24 AM »
We got some shooting clubs I should join...a tackle shop just started holding small-scale tournys. Mostly I just shoot my target...or squirrels!

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »
Hoskins, sounds like you need to start through the red tape again to get reimbursed for your bow.  I don't know about you, but for me, I could go through a heck of a lot of red tape to get about $500 or more. :shock:
Yeah, I haven't gave up yet!!! However, if they don't want to pay ya----
well >:(

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 09:34:43 AM »
i feel 4 ya :tickedoff

Facebook Comments