December 11, 2017, 10:27:23 AM

Author Topic: wider cut accurate broadheads  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Daverdawg

• Strike fast Strike true >>>------------->
wider cut accurate broadheads
« on: January 17, 2008, 09:41:08 AM »
After deciding to go to a a larger cut broadhead for better blood trails and im currently using muzzy 75 grains any one have any input on long range accurate ones? Id like good groups out to 50 yrds if possible...and thanx

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: wider cut accurate broadheads
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:36:29 AM »
To get a really wide cut, you'd just about have to shoot an expandable that expands to a good width.  The bad thing about fixed blade heads is if you start getting too wide, they start wind-planing pretty bad.

Have you shot expandables?  Some of the guys on here shoot them and could tell you better what the cut diameter is on some and how well they fly and like them. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
Why have a wider cut if you can accomplish the same with more blades?

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »
Well I tend to shy away from mech. heads for personal reasons.But last year I tried the PSE Brute which is a mech. head.I was impressed on the flight of them at short to long range. The cutting diameter is 1 3/4 cut.I can get a pretty good deal on them.This is what the head looks like after thru deer.Here is a couple pictures of what the holes look like. [img=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/391/franksdeer2045od2.th.jpg]http://[img=http://img134.imageshack.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:36:03 PM by Big58cal »
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:02 AM »
PLease read my post about Grim Reapors! O0

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »
well the grim reapers are a great head alot of people shoot them around here.I have shot them myself in the past.I just like to do my own field testing so to speak.I just shot the pse brutes because I get about 2 to 3 packs for the price of the reapers

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
the rocky mountain sniper is good one also two blade 2 inch cut in a broad head testing done was voted one of the most accurate ones.The test was done with a bow in a shooting machine.

Facebook Comments