October 23, 2017, 02:16:34 AM

Author Topic: GREAT DISCOVERY!  (Read 2445 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
GREAT DISCOVERY!
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:05:30 AM »
After reading the great recipes here, I should pass along a discovery I recently experienced.

We all have heard of Beer Can Chicken, the BBQ cooked birds with a can of beer shoved up the rear end of the bird.
 Well, I have tried it with cat, with various results. Considering the weight of the average cat, I tried two cans of beer with excellent rsesults.
Also, seasoning with sage had a negative result.  :-P Because of the natural taste of cat meat, a completely different approach to seasoning is required. Sage seasoning and any strong seasoning is just too overpowering.
A light application of garlic salt and your favorite BBQ sauce will suffice.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: GREAT DISCOVERY!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:32:23 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking some garlic.  You can never go wrong with garlic.  You might also want to clean your cat out on the inside with a solution of vinegar and water. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Yummy and Tasty Animal

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 02:35:36 AM »
i hope you're talking about a cougar and not a stray cat.  eating a stray cat would be disgusting!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:10:17 AM »
i hope you're talking about a cougar and not a stray cat.  eating a stray cat would be disgusting!

Nope, felis domesticus  O0  Actually, cat meat is full of protein and is good for you.  Dog meat, though it tastes a little better than cat, doesn't have near the amount of protein that cat does. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 09:11:44 AM »
 ??? Hey JA, are you refering to my little kitty, kitty house cat or what? I would have to be very hungry to bbq the cat. Do you need some meat, I'll bring you some if you need it? lol  ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
??? Hey JA, are you refering to my little kitty, kitty house cat or what? I would have to be very hungry to bbq the cat. Do you need some meat, I'll bring you some if you need it? lol  ;D
Naw, you can keep that one, I have a few strays left in our neighborhood that will suffice.  :wink:
Yeah, I was thinking some garlic.  You can never go wrong with garlic.  You might also want to clean your cat out on the inside with a solution of vinegar and water. O0
Yes, very good idea, BC!  O0 I've just been flushing them with water.
What's wrong with cat? And yes, I have eaten dog when I was working on the TX/Mex border. It isn't bad, was pretty good. I had both in BBQ and burger sandwiches.
About meat, I was out of cat, so I went out and busted some squirrels this morning. Thanks for the offer, though.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 10:30:29 PM »
If you have ate at any chinese buffet, you could have had cat. ;D It tastes alil like coon, minus the grease. O0 John, have you tryed sticken a couple of oranges and a limon in side the cat and stetch it shut? Does help the flavor too. O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »
If you have ate at any chinese buffet, you could have had cat. ;D It tastes alil like coon, minus the grease. O0 John, have you tryed sticken a couple of oranges and a limon in side the cat and stetch it shut? Does help the flavor too. O0
That sounds good!  O0 I spotted a new stray last night. It's a big black cat, and lean.  :twisted:  :) Time to drag out the .22 and BB caps.  :twisted:

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »
 ;D I found a picture of John "cat hunting"

;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »
;D I found a picture of John "cat hunting"

;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Yeah!  O0

Facebook Comments