November 22, 2017, 09:39:14 AM

Author Topic: 10 point stuck!  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: 10 point stuck!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »
The first thing I'm gunna do when i see him is a couple backflips and then i'll grab his antlers and try to wrap both my hands around his mass! and then if my hands do not glue themselves to the sweet feel of horn i will cut his tongue out...rinse him clean and send ya'll some heck of a pic...and I don't want any pokes about how small he is...in my book, he wrote THE BOOK!

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »
I coulda/shoulda waited for him to turn broadside...i just couldn't wait any longer. I was watching him for nearly 10 seconds then I just couldn't cold on to that arrow any longer. The release was burning my hand. he was at 20 yards..but eating didn't know I was there, so why did I not wait just a bit longer and drop him?

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 07:34:56 PM »
I was just lookin at the circulatory system of a deer. just behind the heart is a spot with no veins whatsoever...I hope that didn't happen. I looked like all get down he was heart-shot.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »
One thing that I was taught in my bow class that stuck with me is to give a deer at least one hour to expire before going after it.....
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »
I wanted to give him 2 hrs...but sun was setting and wanted to see some blood for clues(the rain has washed it away already). I did not mean to jump him. I thought he was quite far from the trail I took back and met him on.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 09:56:38 PM »
my legs hurt...the adrenaline got some acid build up in them. i feel like i just ran a marathon.

Whoa what do you know about lactic acid build up?

Offline eyebowhunt2

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I know tech and plott
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
OMG you have to calm down.  the deer will be there dead in the morning just calm down
2007 GutPileStyles Golden Intestine Awards
Short Bus Gutpiler of the Year Award

And the winner is ---------- By unanimous vote -- Eyebowhunt2

Card Carrying Member of \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The Deer Stabbers Club\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »
I think I've calmed down a bit now. Played a game of chess... watched a few hunts with the primos gang. Now the wait. And I figured I was done waiting after I let that arrow fly. I hope you guys know what you are talking about and your predictions prove true. But this kills my plans for a duck hunt in the morning.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »
Ok. So it's the morning now. I don't know where he is. I cannot conceive where I shot him bacause I found white hair.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
Well, I hope you've found him by now.  If you only got 1 lung, a deer can live a long time on 1 lung, but well eventually go down.  The thing is not to push him.

How high was your treestand?  Depending on the angle, if you had a quarting away shot and were low to begin with, the arrow could have exited low on the far side.  Deer have some lighter colored hair basically in their arm pits.  Depending on how light the deer is to begin with, the hair in their armpits can look white.

As far as what you said about bleating and having the deer turn broadside and look at you............  Bad choice!  It's always better to shoot at a deer that's not aware of you being there than it is to shoot at an alert deer.  Sure, he may turn broadside, but he'll also be looking at you.  And a deer can drop a whole lot in the time it takes your arrow to get there. :shock:

Well, let us know what the verdict is.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments