December 12, 2017, 12:37:43 PM

Author Topic: From FL  (Read 2612 times)

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
From FL
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:54:18 AM »
Hi yall I am a nuisance alligator trapper from FL . I also love to hunt and fish for about anything.
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline hoskins

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
Re: From FL
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:01:03 AM »
Hi yall I am a nuisance alligator trapper from FL . I also love to hunt and fish for about anything.
Welcome to the Pile. A nuisance alligator trapper huh, well do you trap the human species? Because there are a few nuisances on here that may need some trapping! ;D Seriously, welcome and we look forward to hearing from ya! O0

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:07:17 AM »
I hear you on the humans . I run into all kinds when going to neighborhoods to get gators .  Thanks for the welcome
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »
Cool, glad to have you. O0  So what do you do with the gators once you trap them?  I used to do nuisance wildlife control also.  It's fun sometimes, but a pain other times. ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »
We take the gators to a USDA approved processing facility to be processed so we can sell the meat. That is our pay is the sale of meat and hide the state doesnt pay us . I can skin them myself but then I have to keep the meat because its not done in an approved place. They are tough to skin
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »
That isn't too bad.  At least you've got plenty of gator meat to eat.  To me, it tastes like a cross between turtle and frog legs. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »
Yeah it is pretty good the best cut is the jowl meat its great . It seems that different parts have a different flavor . Your right it is between frog and turtle it never really tasted like chicken to me. I caught a few softshell turtles a few weeks ago they are mighty tasty
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 05:24:44 PM »
I never really cared for soft-shelled turtles that much.  I prefer the snappers. O0

So what do ya' hunt down there, other than gators? ???

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 07:07:39 PM »
I havent hunted much here been busy with gators and  only been living here 2 yrs. I see some nice deer, turkey and bobcats. But  I do most of my hunting in NC . I hunt deer bear and predators up there when i go.
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »
I havent hunted much here been busy with gators and  only been living here 2 yrs. I see some nice deer, turkey and bobcats. But  I do most of my hunting in NC . I hunt deer bear and predators up there when i go.
Where did you hunt at in NC?

Facebook Comments