December 13, 2017, 12:14:27 AM

Author Topic: From FL  (Read 2635 times)

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
Re: From FL
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 10:08:38 PM »
Well I couldnt give away my secret area but Its in Pisgah game lands not real far from Mt Mitchell . I got a place up there I havent seen a hunter in 15 yrs of hunting and there is usually always an 8 point or better there . My best was 10 points with a 20 inch spread . Thats a decent deer for a mountain deer in NC.

I also have land in Rutherford vo and Warren co but all I ever kill there are little deer or fill doe tags

Here is a pic of a few of those deer all from the same ridge

the one in the middle was my first deer ever an 8 point

I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 08:30:09 AM »
My best was 10 points with a 20 inch spread . Thats a decent deer for a mountain deer in NC.

That's a decent deer about anywhere you go. O0  Good looking mounts.  We've got 2-3 other fellers on here from NC.  They may know about where you're talking about.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 09:15:48 AM »
Good deal, I was basically just wondering if you hunted in the South Eastern portion of NC, near Onslow County. That's where I have one the majority of my deer hunting at, on base at Camp Lejeune.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
Welcome, gator! Sounds really impressive and exciting! And, you must do a good job on the gators without getting called "Lefty".  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 06:43:44 PM »
I do ok I have had a few charge at me but a 357 or 44 pill chills them out. One of the helpers got his finger cut to the bone yesterday. He had an 8 footer on a fishing pole and the line wrapped around his finger after he shot the gator. The gator powered up and cut the underside of his trigger finger . It took seven stiches but hes ok. He uses 200 lb powerpro which is finer diameter than what I use . I like tuff line in 200 lb . I had one break a rod and I had to hand line it carefully to the bank.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 06:46:01 PM by gatortrapper »
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »
Howdy and welcome to the pile!

You got the jewels to `rastle one?

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 09:09:52 PM »
I only catch them when I have to if there are kids around etc. I do it a little safer than Stingray man did. I use two ropes on the bigger ones and let the gators do the work most of the time they will roll their jaws shut with the rope . Then you tape them blindfold them tie their legs up tp their back and tie their head to their tail like a gator suitcase. Small ones 6 ft and under can be caught easily with a catchpole

Its much better for the animal to be killed quickly . They get stressed in capture and the state wont let us relocate an gators over 4 feet . So its senseless to catch them then take them home to kill.  They have a homing device like birds and will travel up tp 200 miles back to their home . Also when you put a new gator in anothers teritory they often fight or will kill and eat each other
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »
Stingray man huh.Sounds like your a mite jealous of him  ;D ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 08:27:14 AM »
I only catch them when I have to if there are kids around etc. I do it a little safer than Stingray man did. I use two ropes on the bigger ones and let the gators do the work most of the time they will roll their jaws shut with the rope . Then you tape them blindfold them tie their legs up tp their back and tie their head to their tail like a gator suitcase. Small ones 6 ft and under can be caught easily with a catchpole

Its much better for the animal to be killed quickly . They get stressed in capture and the state wont let us relocate an gators over 4 feet . So its senseless to catch them then take them home to kill.  They have a homing device like birds and will travel up tp 200 miles back to their home . Also when you put a new gator in anothers teritory they often fight or will kill and eat each other

That's cool info gatortrapper! O0  Thanks man!  I knew about the stress thing, but the other stuff I didn't know.  Ya' never know when I might have to go after a rogue alligator. O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »
Attitude with teeth, those critters are!  :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments