November 22, 2017, 06:46:44 PM

Author Topic: 2008 Bowtech Marquis  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: 2008 Bowtech Marquis
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 07:32:31 PM »
Oh, the draw. I could go down an inch on draw I suppose. I anchor my first fingers' first nuckle from my hand on my earlobe. The kisser sits just at the corner of my mouth, so I can't be shooting that much over proper length. The bow-man has repeatedly commented on how unusualy long my arms are, though.

Offline digndeep400

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »
well as long as u like it that is what counts O0

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 10:08:47 AM »
I shoot 28 out of a cam set up for 29'' draw. I'm like 5'7'', so I would guess you could move up in length, but most people want their arrows as short as they can be so they are fast and straight. So if your set up lets you shoot arrows that short, it should be an advantage unless you want the extra weight/length to increase punch at the other end.

Not to piss in your cornflakes, Tenderfoot, but the only  advantage to a shorter arrow is less weight. In return, your giving up speed and kinetic energy. Why do you think that IBO speed is done with a 30 inch arrow @ 70lbs? Becuz bow compaines wanna juice there stats with a common poundage. Anytime you go shorter in arrow lenght, you're giving up speed... O0

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »
What the? I thought less weight always meant more speed-less arrow=less weight=more speed? So, shot off the same bow, a 30'' arrow is going to drop less than a 25'' arrow at 30 yards because it has more momentum due to its mass? I figured the added mass would drop it quicker. How does that all go against logic?

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 06:10:45 PM »
well  tender foot It kinda like this. The longer the draw length the more of the bows power curve you utilize.If Travo's draw is 25 inches and your draw is 29 inches your arrow will be faster because your using more of the bows power. The average arrow rest comes back 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the rest thats why your arrow is 28 inches.by shaving the inch off the main arrow you will loose some weight which will also make the arrow faster because it's lighter.most arrows will have a chart telling you how many grains per inch the arrow is .Lets use gold tip xt's for and example. the xt has a weight of 8 to 8.1 grains per inch of arrow 8 grains times 28 (arrow length)=224 add a 100 grain field tip = 324 now add knock and vanes ( just a number out of my head) 40 grains for a total weight of 364 .The 70 pounds 30 inch draw 350 grain arrow for IBO is a standard for all bow companies.Going below this standard at some point there won't be enough arrow weight to absorb the force of the bow.That would be considered dry firing the bow.The heavy arrow will move slower because of weight but will have more follow thru in game because of trying to stop the force of the weight.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

travo

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 12:26:17 AM »
.....unless,of course, you have an overdraw. pretty uncommon nowadays, the overdraw lets you use a longer draw length and shorter, lighter arrows, which equals quicker speeds and horrible accuracy. if i were you i would forget about speed and worry about accuracy. turn your bow down a bit, and use a rangefinder and practice judging distances. sure, i could crank my bow up, and go to 100 grain heads, shoot an overdraw with ultralight arrows, but i wouldnt hit squat. an i wrong here, hoyt?

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 08:53:07 AM »
Trav, where those tips for me? If so, I'll try it. And Hoyt, what was BT saying then. I told him shorter arrows meant more speed(up to a point, as you mentioned), and you said the same yourself.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 12:42:42 PM »
Hey TF, i hope this video explains things better:

travo

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »
now that video was pretty impressive!!! ol pete shepley came back and set pse archery right again. maybe they will end up back at the top of the food chain like they were 15 years ago. nice. i just hope this doesnt encourage unethical shooting.

travo

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 08:19:21 AM »
the marquis is a diamond bow, made by bowtech, but diamond brand.

Facebook Comments