November 20, 2017, 06:43:26 AM

Author Topic: 1 piece plywood doghouse plans  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
1 piece plywood doghouse plans
« on: January 29, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »
DO NOT SKIMP AND BUY O.S.B! I REPEAT DO NOT SKIMP AND BUY O.S.B!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:25:44 PM by Techno »

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Re: 1 piece plywood doghouse plans
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:18:05 AM »
I don't quite get it, do you think we could get some dimensions?

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:32:06 PM »
Now thats what I'd call a properly designed dog house !!  O0 A few years ago I about tore the net up looking for info on that style but all I found were lawn ornaments that gaurranteed to kill dogs in winter weather.
 Still need the info regarding the proper ventilation of the dog house. If it's not properly ventilated, moisture will condensate and freeze on the interior walls and in the bedding. Too much ventillation, the dog won't be able to get warm.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 12:35:21 AM »
A few things I would like to point out about the pictures of the doghouse are

1. Never have your doghouse next to a fence when on a chain.Several dogs have hung them selves because of that.

2.Keeping the doghouse up off the ground is a much better idea.The ground gets cold and the doghouse will be colder touching it rather than a few inches above it.A wooden pallet is great but they don`t last long.I used hard plastic pallets I got from a beer dist.

Most folks will add hinges to the top to make changing the bedding easier.If you do plan to keep a dog outside in a house...use straw! Do`nt be a cheap A__  O0

travo

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:38:40 AM »
a buddy of mine shoots the bottoms of his dog houses with that spray can truck bed liner. it insulates and makes the floor last longer. make sure to drill a few drainage holes, just small ones, and pitch the house slightly towars them, as condensation on the roof will thaw and cause a bit of water.

Facebook Comments