November 17, 2018, 07:08:40 PM

Author Topic: Done for the Season  (Read 9336 times)

Offline hoskins

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
Re: Done for the Season
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »
your alls? you mean yalls? lol just pokin  :roll:
Need to work on the poking skills my young padawan! ;D Just messin w/ ya, we got a spring season here in TN as well. I plan to hunt the spring season this year, it will be my first time that I've hunted squirrel in the spring. opp08, do you do any Turkey hunting?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »
Man, you talk about some tough hunting!  Spring squirrel seasons SUCK! >:(  Ticks & mosquitos are bad, as well as the squirrels being hard to find.  They cut on mainly soft stuff and buds during the spring seasons.  I've been 4-5 times in the spring and have gotten 1 squirrel. :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 04:58:42 PM »
Well, I've started my rifle project and haven't had all the parts to my CZ in one place for about 2 weeks now. Hoping to have the rifle back together this week, maybe. If I can get everything in and back together, I'm gonna try my best to put some blood on it before the end of the month, which is the end of the season also. The new rings I ordered, come to find out, haven't even been released onto the market yet, so I'm wondering if I'll have it back together in time. Also all next week I'll be back in Waycross conducting prescribed burns so we don't have a repeat of what happened last year in that area of GA. Time's getting short, I'm also at 53 dead'ens for the year, would like a couple more anyhow.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »
Our season ran Sept 1 to Jan 31. Too short, my way of thinking.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hoskins

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 11:48:48 AM »
Our season ran Sept 1 to Jan 31. Too short, my way of thinking.  :tickedoff
That sucks, that is a pretty short season :-\

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »
Sure is!  :'( I think I will also buy Illinois and Missouri licenses for next season.  :twisted: I have hunted squirrels in other states and always saw good populations of squirrels. They won't be expecting an old Iowa Indian showing up with a rifle.  :twisted: I have given them years of rest since I hunted there. There has to be a whole new crop of dumb ones.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hoskins

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »
Sure is!  :'( I think I will also buy Illinois and Missouri licenses for next season.  :twisted: I have hunted squirrels in other states and always saw good populations of squirrels. They won't be expecting an old Iowa Indian showing up with a rifle.  :twisted: I have given them years of rest since I hunted there. There has to be a whole new crop of dumb ones.
Yeah, it's gonna suck for me when I get back to Camp Lejeune, NC because the squirrel season doesn't come in until the middle of October! >:( Plus you can't use anything but shotguns, archery, and muzzle loaders aboard base! >:( So in order to use the .17, I'll have to make an hour trip down to a public game land!

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »
Need to work on the poking skills my young padawan! ;D Just messin w/ ya, we got a spring season here in TN as well. I plan to hunt the spring season this year, it will be my first time that I've hunted squirrel in the spring. opp08, do you do any Turkey hunting?

:'( *sniff sniff* im hurt hoskins...;D ;D yea we have turkey hunting in east texas but there is hardly a population here so i never turkey hunt here. now if you go out to central or west texas there is a whole lot more. sometimes when i go out to west texas to hunt deer i will bring my shotgun along in case i get tired of deer and decide to turkey hunt instead. the most popular hunting in east texas is deer..plus a few avid squirrel hunters like myself  O0 and yea, BC is right. the spring season usually isnt as good partly because of the got derned mosquitos and ticks, but also they just never seem to be out like they are in the fall and winter months. but hey, a poor squirrel season in my book is better than none at all!  :)
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline hoskins

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 01:36:22 PM »
I hear that, If it gives me an excuse to squirrel hunt, then I'll take it! Yeah, I couldn't imagine anything but big ole deer being king in the great state of TX! O0

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 08:38:39 PM »
yea EVERYONE hunts deer. now, theres a few duck and hog hunters here and there, but me and skylar are really the only squirrel hunters i know. even though east texas has pretty much the only good squirrel hunting in texas, squirrel hunting here just isnt as popular as you would think. but hey! that leaves more squirrels for the two of us!!  O0  :D
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Facebook Comments