November 15, 2018, 03:35:58 PM

Author Topic: Done for the Season  (Read 9332 times)

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Done for the Season
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 01:49:57 PM »
yea thats where a dog would sure come in handy! it would save a bunch of time and effort in getting the squirrel. it could add a few pounds to the belly tho.. :-\
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 05:19:04 PM »

On the up side, my scope and rings should be here by Thurs, and with any luck my barreled action will be back in hand tomorrow evening. Now I can give the kid back his CZ.

Nick T

That's pretty sad Gnick! :knuppel2  Stealing the kid's rifle just so you can go hunting.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  If anything, you should be taking the boy and let HIM shoot them. O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 05:29:13 PM »
That's pretty sad Gnick! :knuppel2  Stealing the kid's rifle just so you can go hunting.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  If anything, you should be taking the boy and let HIM shoot them. O0 ;D

I have to sneek out for some "Gnick time" every now and then. Most of the time I hide the rifle behind the seat of the truck, drop him off at school on Fridays, call the boss and tell him I ain't gonna make it in, hit the woods and put on my net camo. He never knew I wasn't at work.

He can get his on Saturdays.

:)

Gnick

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 10:52:05 PM »
I have to sneek out for some "Gnick time" every now and then. Most of the time I hide the rifle behind the seat of the truck, drop him off at school on Fridays, call the boss and tell him I ain't gonna make it in, hit the woods and put on my net camo. He never knew I wasn't at work.

Gnick

I hear ya, since my son has got the hunting bug again-----I haven't had any HOS time, oh well, at least the boy is loving to hunt again!!!! As we speak, he's sounding like a dying Cow in a Hail storm trying to learn how to use a Turkey diaphram mouth call  ;D I just got him one tonight O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 10:56:58 PM »
I hear ya, since my son has got the hunting bug again-----I haven't had any HOS time, oh well, at least the boy is loving to hunt again!!!! As we speak, he's sounding like a dying Cow in a Hail storm trying to learn how to use a Turkey diaphram mouth call  ;D I just got him one tonight O0

I bet the wife just LOVES you! ;D ;D ;D

I don't practice in the house anymore.  I got tired of the wife giving me crap, and making the dogs howl and whine. ;D  I practice in the truck now, driving back and forth to work. O0

Gnick

That's sad dude! ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »
I bet the wife just LOVES you! ;D ;D ;D

I don't practice in the house anymore.  I got tired of the wife giving me crap, and making the dogs howl and whine. ;D  I practice in the truck now, driving back and forth to work. O0
He just went thru every call I've got---box, slate, 2 different owl calls, crow, hawk, and now he's back on the Primos mini diaphram I got him :buck2 Ah, I'm putting him in bed in a few min, so we can suck it up! ;D Plus, the wife is too busy doing something with her cake decorating stuff, she'll soon throw something at him and tell him to shut up!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 09:25:10 AM »
That's sad dude! ;D

I know, and the remorse of my actions are killing me right now (as I sit here reviewing my comp time records to see if I can go this Friday.) .

;D

Yep, I can, but might have to be his rifle behind the seat.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »
I know, and the remorse of my actions are killing me right now (as I sit here reviewing my comp time records to see if I can go this Friday.) .

;D

Yep, I can, but might have to be his rifle behind the seat.

Nick T
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  O0 SOMEONE around here needs to be killing squirrels! Ol' gnick is carrying on the mission, anyhow.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments