November 23, 2017, 02:39:43 AM

Author Topic: How Many Pellets  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: How Many Pellets
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »
What's the point of killing them out that far? I could have had 4 with one shot of my 308 earlier this year, but they were at 60 yards and it didn't seem sporting. I want to try to get good enough to bring them within 35 yards and lop their heads with my bow.

turkeynutz

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 02:19:47 PM »
When you hunt pressured birds late in season, it pays to have that reach! Unfortunately where we hunt in Kansas is hammered hard before we get there! And the same in Okla. due to road callers! I have called em up in my lap before, and try to each time out but when you need it to reach you got it!

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »
If I remember correctly, at least 90% of the shot should be in a 30" circle at your maximum range. I may have that wrong though.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 07:54:47 PM »
Just use a .17 hmr and xplode their head  :uglystupid2
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

turkeynutz

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:58 PM »
Thats why I use a 3'x3' peace of plywood with cardboard covering it, to see how many pellets go out side the kill zone of my turkey targets at 30,40, and 50 yards! This new gun puts all the pellets in a 24" circle at 40 yards with good penitration!

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 07:58:40 AM »
What gun? Sounds amazing!

turkeynutz

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
I found a 20g. new england singleshot with a changable choke tube and 24" barrel! I put in a extra full choke tube and cablammy its a hell of a gun! Synthedic stock with built in shock pad and it needs it! It kicks as good as a 3" 12g. with these new heavy loads I found! And more flat tragectry than my other 20g. single!

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »
Yeah, I want an NEF break action. A couple guys I know have them. Never heard a word of complaint about them, and at modest price, too!

turkeynutz

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 03:55:16 PM »
Found this one for 130.00 and its worth more than that! For capability that is! I cant seem to come to like a pump or auto! I shot a bow for several years instinctive before I picked up any gun, so its the simple ones I like! Like the old black powder guns not these new ones! I was raised to make the one shot count! So I havent shook that idea yet!

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 07:14:50 PM »
Amen. If you're taking more than one shot your doing something wrong. But I like the auto shotguns because there are instances when follow-ups on misses and doubles are likely and probable. It's hard to break a break-action and way easier to maintain than an auto. Them are dirty guns!

Facebook Comments