November 17, 2017, 11:47:27 PM

Author Topic: Pitbulls and children.  (Read 9496 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Pitbulls and children.
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »
Everyone always talks about how great Pitbulls are with children but you never see it.You always hear about those instances where the dogs hurt children and you always see it.While those instances are always unfortunate for the child and I feel for the ones hurt and the families of children killed by Pitbulls.

It isn`t the dog as a whole and here are a few pictures to back that up

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:38:46 PM by Techno »

Offline Meat Hunter #737

Re: Pitbulls and children.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:09:38 AM »
Years ago I had a dog just like the one shown in your 4th pic....she was a black lab/pit mix and she loved kids....she knew the diffrence when I was playin with her, and when to be gentle with the kids....she was a good dog, but unfortunately she got off the chain one day and we never seen her since....hopefully someone took her in, and not shot...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:22:30 AM »
Most I have had and been around are great with kids O0 .

They just dont like other dogs of the same sex
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Aazhie

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »
I had a coworker whose pit female would guard kids.  It didn't matter whose they were, she would keep them away from the stairs and the roads and stand right next to them.  She would even growl at the parents trying to take "her puppies." He would always have to tell her it was ok to let them go.  She was amazingly gentle with his cats as well, he trained her to pick them up when they were pissing him off, and she would sit and lick them while they tried to bite her. 

It's all about knowing your dog and training these things into them as puppies.  Unless they get rabies or brain damage, most dogs of any breed give you plenty of warning before they bite, unless their stupid owners have made them intolerant of certain behaviors.  Obviously dogs that have been abused or weren't raised by humans aren't always predictable. 
Honestly even if every dog i owned was perfect with kids, i would never leave them alone with children.  They should ban stupid people having kids rather than dog breeds.  The news  about kids getting hurt or killed are either left alone with the dog (s) or letting a kid play with a dog that doesn't like kids.  I have utmost sympathy for people who are harmed by dogs, but the cause is usually human ignorance, not the bad nature of an animal. 

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »
Agreed Ahzie. Whenever a pittbull bites someone the media always talks about them like they are ferocious wild grizzly bears. The man who owns the house next to ours just called the animal control on my pittbull because she was "barking" I watched everything, every other dog in the neigboorhood was barking too because there were people working on his lawn. He called on my dog specifically because it was a pittbull. He claimed she was being agressive and threatening. I even asked him why he said he just doesnt like the breed - well thats tough no charges are being brought up, he called before and when the animal control came to observe just how 'ferocious' my pittbull is they were awestruck and loved my dog. The only way one of his workers would be harmed is if they were tresspassing and even then they'd have to corner my dog and repeatedly hit it with sticks as she's generally afraid of strangers and has never tried to bite anyone. He's just trying to get my dog taken away because he's afraid potential buyers/renters will see the pittbull and pass on the house. I garuntee if it was just a little chihuaha barking he wouldn't have said anything at all.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:52:41 AM »

Offline Worshingtonian

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
In a town near where I live they banned Pitbulls and Rottweilers in the city limits.   
I'm a dude playin a dude disguised as another dude

" I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and neither are you here to live up to mine"

Offline jack002

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »
i have been around some great pit's and would have no problems with my kids hanging on them..i get the same thing with my rotties as you get with your pit's and i use them for search and rescue dogs...it's them little ankle biters that i feel are worse then both breeds put together...
luck is when preparation meets opportunity...

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »
That would depend on the anklebiters. Plott can tell you how mean my wife's ShizTzu (SP?) is.  :roll:  :wink: ;D She now has two, one a pup. They can attack a toy like plott's hounds goes after plott's old widow neighbor's cats. ;D  Hopefully, they will be stretching cats like plott's and not get caught, like plott's dogs do.  :twisted:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 10:32:46 PM »
thankfully that widow decided iowa is to cold and moved to Florida full time
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments