November 19, 2017, 03:33:00 AM

Author Topic: Dang Varmint Deer and Turkeys!  (Read 2411 times)

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Dang Varmint Deer and Turkeys!
« on: August 30, 2004, 12:45:33 PM »
Do you folks have the same trouble I have when I go to my favorite timber and the dirty rotten deer and turkeys scare the squirrels? :x  One timber I hunt has only one approach, and it usually ends up being a deer and turkey stampede, scaring the squirrels. Yep, those varmints are real pests, the deer and turkeys. The timber is not big, so all day long, the deer and turkeys won't leave the timber. They just move around in there, trying to spook every squirrel before I get a shot.  :cry:  :(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 06:54:06 PM »
John that sounds like a problem i'd like to have in about 2 months. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: Right around deer season.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline HeavyChevy

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • Aint nothing better in life then HUNTING,HAUNTING
    • http://www.hhh-usa.org
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 10:57:42 PM »
Squirells have short memories they will forget about the deer. I wish i had that many deer on my property to scare the squirells.
Rick Kube
LM NAHC
MB MICHIGAN BOW HUNTERS
mb comerative bucks of michigan
LM MUDH
Founding member of HUNTERS HELPING HUNTERS.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 09:58:21 PM »
No kidding about having enough deer to do it! :cry:   Opening weekend I hunted 2 times.  This past weekend, I hunted 4 times.  I finally saw 3 deer Monday morning!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

april

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 09:58:28 PM »
I hate that. And it's always vice versa during deer season. :evil:

Offline HeavyChevy

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • Aint nothing better in life then HUNTING,HAUNTING
    • http://www.hhh-usa.org
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 11:13:44 PM »
same with turkey season see all kinds of deer then.
Rick Kube
LM NAHC
MB MICHIGAN BOW HUNTERS
mb comerative bucks of michigan
LM MUDH
Founding member of HUNTERS HELPING HUNTERS.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 06:26:50 PM »
i squirrel hunt where i will deer hunt this year. so i wear all the sent lock in the morning when its still cool. i dont hunt the deer spots at night because i sweat when its warm etc... 3 weeks ago i came across 3 deer. 1 doe 2 fawn bedding. scared the hell out of me when they jumped up about 35 ft away and ran off.it was still dark so i thought at first coyotes but when i saw big white tail i knew what it was. i have noticed this, when walking deer trails i seem to come across a nut festival somewhere beofre the trail ends. what i kind of think is the squirrels are used to deer traveling down the routes so me moving down them isnt to weird to them. im also finnding the coyotes often travel these routes too. i have about 15 trails to try bow hunting this year

Facebook Comments