October 18, 2017, 12:24:31 PM

Author Topic: lazer grips on bows  (Read 2479 times)

Offline jc

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
lazer grips on bows
« on: February 08, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »
hello everyone ...hey i just found out that bowtech actually has a lazer grip on there bows and they are advertising it as a hunting tool.. i personally think this goes against everything archery is about ..and im not talking ethics or morals or legal issues im saying do you want to be good because you followed a lazer or because you worked hard to shoot good !!!tell me what you all think ..gut pile is the best forum with the best hunters ....tell what you think..thanks...jc :tickedoff :uglystupid2

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: lazer grips on bows
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »
Honestly, that technology on a bow seems kinda pointless to me. ???
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:08:05 PM »
Laser or pins(BTW I use them)...what's the dif? They both point where to shoot, if you cannot execute propper form your arrow still won't hit the mark.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 01:14:41 AM »
agreed...now I use fiber optic sights...why??...because it helps me to see where I'm aiming in low light conditions....if you only get one shot...make it count
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 02:04:28 AM »
Seems pointless to me. If I sight in with my 30yd pin, hold real still and look where the 20 and 40 pins are, they won't even be on the animal and I'm sure that would make a lazer dot near impossible to see. Aside from being illeagal here.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »
They would be illegal in Iowa.  And about useless as far as I can figure.  With the trajectory of an arrow it would only be good in a VERY narrow range, and they probably cost a bunch to boot.  You'd have to have 3 or 4 different colored ones to make it of any use..
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline jc

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 08:49:37 PM »
yeah i agree ..with the pointless ness of it ...it would only be good for 20 yard shots ..but most of my kill shots are around 20 yards or less ..but i can tell you ..i shoot well enough that if i sighted in a lazer sight at 20 yards iwould robin hood everytime with a lazer and i bet im not the only one here ..and fiber optic pins have nothing to do with the lazer issue fiber optics are to make your sight window clearer thats all  i shot my bows for years with brass pins and in clear bright day light those will get cloudy on you ..thats all fiber optics are for you cant see them in the dark ..yes they help in low light ..alot ..but not to the extreme unfair advantage that a lazer would plus i am a single pin shooter so i think the lazer would actually help at other ranges such as 10 yards to more like 25 yards ..i dont like the idea of it..it kills archery...and also just wait till the dang anti hunters and peta freaks here that we have huntin bows with these lazers on them it is tough enough to fight thes jerks on a traditional stand point alone ..after all they argue that compounds are unfair ..so i say dont buy the lazer grips ..and keep archery skill..100 percent...but thats just my oppinion .as an archery lover and complete bow hunting maniac...thanks again...

travo

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »
i think it would make a guy want to punch the trigger, and also see how unsteady you are. and besides being illegal here in south dakota, dontcha think it may scare off an animal or make it sense your presense having a red dot bouncin all over? also, for up and downhill shots, it would really throw ya.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »
I really don't see where this has any practical use at all.This is one of those ideas that came out of a smoke filled car at break time behind the plant.Why put something on a bow that is illegal in most states.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline jc

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 10:57:36 AM »
i agree hoyt.. i really hate it!!!! put down the pipe bowtech and go hunt!!!thanks guys.. iwas really hopin there wasnt any one here that wanted this crap!!! :idiot2 :knuppel2 O0

Facebook Comments