November 22, 2017, 05:23:44 PM

Author Topic: Coyotes beware  (Read 2656 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Coyotes beware
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »
The ol' .243 is sighted in with Winchester 55 grain Ballistic Silvertips and if my chart is correct......... should nail 'em out to 300. That is if I can hold still enough. ;D  So me and Ellwood only have a couple more days of bunny bustin then the yote killin shall begin. O0 :knuppel2

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
Re: Coyotes beware
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
Cool , I hope yall kill some.  O0 I used to get a lot of yotes out towards Leicester. There are some cattle and goat farmers that will let you hunt their land to kill coyotes. A few would even let me turkey hunt in the spring time since I got rid of a few of their yotes. Keep your eyes out for bobcats too. I am not sure if season is still open for them up there but I have killed lots of them predator hunting.
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »
Kill them by the hundreds Strutter..the hundreds  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 12:13:20 AM »
Kill them by the hundreds Strutter..the hundreds  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hey Tech, I haven't got started on the e-call yet (been gearing up for turkey season) but will begin to work on it soon. I'll let ya know how it goes. Good luck to ya Strutter, post us some pics--will ya

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »
Strutter Hoskins brings up something fun!

I made one of Varmintal`s cheap-o e-callers.
I also recorded most of the howls Randy Anderson uses on the truth III
A few prey sounds Rick Paillet uses on the Verminators, predator or prey II video.

Rick hand makes all of his own calls.If your interested in trying out the cheap e-caller let me know and I`ll set you up with all the professional calls you can shake a stick at O0 O0

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »
I have never thought of recording off my DVD's. I also have the mastering the art DVD with Randy Anderson with all the howls on it. Now would be a great time fousing trhe invitation howl. It's amting season!!!!!!!!!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »
I had an idea to make the "el-cheapo" better. Hook a radio to the amplifier, and a small transmitter (like some of the handsfree cellphones use) to an mp3 player. You can change the call from where you are sitting.

P.S. I might have left myself open to "Nerd-poking", but I like radio shack.

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 11:55:47 PM »
I had an idea to make the "el-cheapo" better. Hook a radio to the amplifier, and a small transmitter (like some of the handsfree cellphones use) to an mp3 player. You can change the call from where you are sitting.

P.S. I might have left myself open to "Nerd-poking", but I like radio shack.

Nah, McGyver mabey, but not a nerd. I'm "sure" that there is someone around that is a much bigger Nerd than you! O0 8)

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 02:11:32 AM »
Radio shack should have shut down in the 80`s

I`m more of a simple man myself.I don`t need a remote and wireless set-up to kill a coyote.I`m not saying it`s not cool, I just don`t mind the wires and un-rolling.

I have never thought of recording off my DVD's. I also have the mastering the art DVD with Randy Anderson with all the howls on it. Now would be a great time fousing trhe invitation howl. It's amting season!!!!!!!!!!!

Ned

I used Sonic Foundry`s Acid 4.0 and Soundforge.

Soundforge to rip the audio and clean it up and I used Acid to program sequences.

Varmintal has quite a few free sounds...he is the one who gave me the idea of sequenceing the calls in 1 long audio file.

I have
Calling all coyotes I
The truth about calling coyotes I and III
The Verminators predator or prey I and II as well as bow mania.

I also have the Johnson brothers first Quest video.

I have a Hunter Spectialies operation predators I,II,III

Byron Souths coming to the call III,IV and V

Mossy oaks eyes front 4

And I think hands down Randy and Rick are the funniset fellows putting out videos.

I really like Ed Wimberly from Hunter Specialties.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 03:12:41 AM »
As much as I hate Radio Shack, they have a niche that will keep them in business for years to come. The idea of making your own wireless e-caller is an excellent idea for those who have the know how. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Facebook Comments