December 16, 2017, 04:21:19 AM

Author Topic: Sonic Boom Gator  (Read 3445 times)

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
Sonic Boom Gator
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:00:34 PM »
I caught a 10 ft gator this norning and was gonna try out 410. slugs in the bangstick and figured he would be a good candidate for them. I blasted him once and he still had some life somehow so I blasted him again.

About 10 seconds later the space shuttle re-entered the atmosphere to land here and there was twin sonic booms :shock:. It was cool  hearing those 2 booms right after I shot kinda made me duck for cover at first . I had forgotten all about the re entry today . I thought it was gunfire right on top of me the way the sound waves hit me.

Here is the gator he had an old gnarly snout on him and a tooth that stuck straight out of his jaw

His old war wounds every dark place on his belly and tail is an old scar . He aint worth a lot but was fun catching

The 410 slug damage

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:03:12 PM by gatortrapper »
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Sonic Boom Gator
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 08:36:07 AM »
Big critter!  :shock: Those .410 slugs are pretty good for taming those critters, it looks like. I can see why you would need something that would be real lethal. I bet a 20 or 12GA bangstick would be really lethal, too. Those .410 shells are expensive!

I watched some folks using 12GA bangsticks on big sharks on a TV show. Instant death, the big fish didn't even twitch. It was really neat, the big underwater gas doughnut of the bangstick when fired. Gators are tougher and take a lot more to kill, I would think.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments