October 18, 2017, 12:48:32 PM

Author Topic: Have you ever heard of this??.....  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Have you ever heard of this??.....
« on: October 04, 2003, 08:04:54 PM »
I found this on another site .... have any of you ever heard of anything like this?  New one on me......

Todays edition of the Winston-Salem Journal has an article written by Danielle Deaver regarding a rabid deer that was found in Surry County. The following is a portion of what the article says:

SIX HANDLED DEER THAT WAS DYING OF RABIES

"Six people who touched a dying deer in the woods of Surry County will be given a series of vaccination shots over the next three weeks to protect them from rabies.
The people who examined the deer - the landowner, a wildlife officer and biologists - said they thought that it had a wasting disease.
Tests confirmed that the deer, which was found behind a house on Cattle Ford Road, had rabies, said Charles Gillespie, Surry County's animal control supervisor.
As the rabies epidemic continues in North Carolina, watching out for stray, wild and strange acting animals is more important than ever, said Dr. Chris Ohl, an assistant professor of medicine in the section on infection at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine."

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Have you ever heard of this??.....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 08:53:26 PM »
I had my 4 kids with me squirrel hunting years ago. We were hunting here is SE Iowa, near Kingston. What we encountered was a rabid stock cow in the timber. No joke, and it wasn't funny, either! The cow kept stumbling and falling down, and charging us. I was armed with my .22, but got the kids away from the cow and reported it to the farmer that owned the cow. I figured if I had shot it and then reported it to the owner, I would end up paying for a cow, at he very least.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments