November 20, 2017, 08:32:37 AM

Author Topic: cleaning doves  (Read 2935 times)

Offline ray40cal

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: cleaning doves
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »
I marinated it in tiger sauce and onions overnight and fried it for breakfast with sum snawsage and toast. Tastes like I'm eating a delicous holy animal of peace and Gawd's gewd grayce. Almost like fried venison actually. Um, when I was pulling the breast out i heard the dove make a coo noise - does this come from the pressure inflicted by removing the breast or did I gut it alive? It startled me so I ripped the breast out real quick and threw the rest of it in the neigboor's yard because they suck.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 08:30:13 AM »
If the bird had been alive, you would have known it.  Tilting the breast back like that puts pressure on the lungs, so it was probably air leaving them, or some other part. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »
Yeah, I'll have to work on that this next fall. O0
Hows the cleaning guide coming along? :-P

I had no idea what I was doing when I cleaned that dove I got.  I just started hacking away at it...I chopped its head off and tons of sunflower seeds poured out.  ??? ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »
I usually just breast them, seeing as how that's about all the meat there is on the bird.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 01:11:16 PM »
Hows the cleaning guide coming along? :-P

I had no idea what I was doing when I cleaned that dove I got.  I just started hacking away at it...I chopped its head off and tons of sunflower seeds poured out.  ??? ;D

Man, I haven't had a chance to get to this yet.  Thanks for the reminder though. O0  I'll have to see if I can find a victim for the expose'. :twisted:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments