November 22, 2017, 01:19:00 PM

Author Topic: Just booked............  (Read 2577 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Just booked............
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:58:51 PM »
 My first early season goose hunt for Sept. 13th.  Dad will be joining me and it should be a blast. I met the guy on another site and I don't have to travel but about 2 hours east to hunt. He came highly recommended and if everything goes right a limit should be no problem. That is if I can hit 'em!!!!!!!! :shock: ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Just booked............
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »
My first early season goose hunt for Sept. 13th.  Dad will be joining me and it should be a blast. I met the guy on another site and I don't have to travel but about 2 hours east to hunt. He came highly recommended and if everything goes right a limit should be no problem. That is if I can hit 'em!!!!!!!! :shock: ;D

Ned

Sounds like a blast! O0  A buddy of mine a couple hours to the north of me has invited me up waterfowl hunting with him the past couple of years, but I've not been able to go. :'(  Hopefully I'll be able to get up there and get a few.

Save some of your ducks/geese for any "visitors" you guys may have this coming fall/winter. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:09:26 PM »
With our early season goose limit of 8 birds each, there should be no problem having some to save for a lost and wandering soul.  ;D  :wink:

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 09:01:11 AM »
Have a great time, BigS! That part about being able to hit them, we better let ellwood in here to comment about that.  :wink:  :roll:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »
Don't worry JA, I won't be shooting the youth model Charles Daly 20 ga. on this hunt. I am breaking out ole faithful, Remington 870 12 ga. , Ellwood can now comment on how good I shot my old 870 last season.

After this season rabbit hunting, I am a firm believer that a gun must fit you even a shot gun with an open choke. I could not get my head down like I should and kept shooting over the bunnies.

So this coming season I will be using a .410 pistol, the Firestorm Arms Super Comanche!! FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!! O0

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline travo

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »
tear em up for me, strutter!!! can"t wait to hear the satisfying "thump" or 14 lbs. of gooseflesh smackin the ground again. BAM!! BAM!!! THUNK!!! ahhhhh.......heaven.

Facebook Comments