October 21, 2017, 12:37:57 AM

Author Topic: Good Morning Hunting  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Good Morning Hunting
« on: October 05, 2003, 10:02:57 PM »
This morning was the second time I've got to get out and go deer hunting this year.  The first morning, I saw about 25 turkeys, but none would get close enough for a shot.

This morning was a great day.  I was in a ground blind on the edge of a clearing where my food plot is.  I had a gray fox come in for about 5 minutes.  He and I stared at each other during this time, with him eventually going back the way that he'd come.  Then at about 9:20, I looked over into the food plot and saw a small buck crossing it.  I put the binoculars up, but they kept fogging up on me.  While I was trying to watch this one, I saw "the BIG BOY"!  I never could tell exactly what he was points wise, but he was big!  Even looking at him at 110 yds with the naked eye, I could see at least 8 pts on him, but the mass was awesome!  I watched them for a few minutes until they went on up the hill.  About 10:00, I had a flock of turkeys come in, in front of me.  Got my bow at about half draw and decided to let down because there wasn't a good shooting lane open.  Add in the usual bunch of squirrels, hawks, and song birds, it was a great morning!

Our muzzleloading season opens in a couple of weeks.  I put a ladder stand up today in the general area the deer were this morning.  Hopefully, during the MZ season, the big boy will be back in that food plot! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Good Morning Hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 10:07:04 PM »
Sounds like you had a great morning for all of us spectators.  Haven't had a chance to hit the woods yet!  :cry:   Makes me jealous - I love days like that - even if I don't bag anything -  can't beat it!   8)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments