November 19, 2017, 01:47:18 AM

Author Topic: 2008 Turkey Results  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
2008 Turkey Results
« on: March 22, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »
I know for sure some of you southern boys have open season.  Let's see some pics and hear some tales!  Don't tell me those turkeys are out smartin' ya!!!!   :roll:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: 2008 Turkey Results
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
Depends on where our southern boys are!!! GA just opened today, and SC last Saturday. Florida has been open a couple weeks I think as well as ALabama. NC and TN still have a couple more weeks to go!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:25:11 PM »
Missouri still has a couple of weeks till trukey and shroom seasons.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »
Hopefully, if my work schedule permitts, I'll be hitting the turkey woods this upcoming Saturday for the opening day of the TN spring turkey season!  O0

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »
We are about halfway through. But I have only been hunting hard this past week or so. I finaly got a management area permit -so now I have many places to hunt! :)  This one tom was standing about 300 yards down a road from where me and my friend were "disarming" our guns. By disarming I mean chucking trash into the air and trying to blast it with a turkey-choked load-not easy. So there we are shooting away and practicing calling, waiting for our ride who was hunting further down the road. We see him pause just before turning around the bend and continuing down the road. We could not see the tom around the slight bend, but he could and had no idea we couldn't. So he throught we may have been trying to call him in. Then he figured out we were no hunting and tried to sneak up on the gobbler through the woods. by the time he got there the gobbler was gone. All we found where he was was a dusting-bowl some hen tracks, scat, and feather lines in the sand around where his wings dragged as he strutted along. I have since gone to that same spot 4 consecutive days and found new dusting marks everytime(we cover up the old ones each time so nobody else will see). I have sat on that road till afternoon 2 of the four days and he doesn't show. He only shows when I am not looking or just after shooting hours. That and it looks like 3 other people are hunting that same gobbler on the 40,000 acre WMA.

turkeynutz

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »

heres my limit in okla. I got a 24lb. 6in bd here in mo. so far!

** fixed the pics for you TN  :wink:  (GP)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:57:15 PM by Gutpiles »

turkeynutz

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »
Sux I didnt get picked on a team!!!!

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 11:20:37 PM »
oops almost double posted.  how do I delete this??
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:23:31 PM by APRock »
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 12:51:15 AM »
our season here is the whole month of May, but can only hunt till noon.....season opens in a few hours, but I wont be out till this weekend....
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:17:19 PM »
Good luck meat!!! Thanks GP!!! Seasonends here at 1pm! its hard to adjust from hunten all day in other states!

Facebook Comments