October 20, 2017, 03:01:21 AM

Author Topic: They don't die!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
They don't die!
« on: March 10, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
I am so happy. So happy that the 10 pointer than ran off with my arrow in him will probably live and come back with 14 pts! I base my theory on the fact that this evening while driving home I saw the doe I got a clean pass-through on earlier in the year. It was back in the paunch, but there was blood. Yet this big doe I saw had a big 3-point star scar right over her stomach. She was fat and looking pretty good besides having a mottled/balding coat. That buck was barely hit...the arrow was only about 4 inches deep. He's coming back kicking!;D ;D ;D

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: They don't die!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »
As low and forward as the buck was hit with 4 inches of penetration he could very well be alive.He could have some type of stunted antler growth on that side do to injury,but maybe not.Hopefully it didn't get infected.I thought the buck was alive all long I personally don't feel he was hit well at all.Well hope ya run in to him this year and finish what ya started.He will be another year older and maybe alittle smarter.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:54:13 AM »
Maybe that deer will be a 12 or 16 next year and you put another arrow where it puts him down.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
That's what I hope...but with 12 or 14 the fever is only going to be worse.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:37:29 AM »
That's what I hope...but with 12 or 14 the fever is only going to be worse.
;D ;D ;D Yeah, probably will be! RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE goes the arrow on the arrow rest.  ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »
 Perhaps a rifle will do the job properly  or at least a crossbow. :wink:

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 09:07:54 PM »
If ya get another crack at him this year.Pretend it is a doe don't look at the horns focus on where you want the arrow to go.By picking a spot on the deer look for a certain hair patch.This will take your mind off the horns and cause you to focus on the bullseye.The time for looking at the horns is when there in your hand.It is a known fact that alot of bucks make it thru deer season with half a rack or whats left.People focus so hard on the horns thats seems to see where the bullet or arrow goes.By trying not to look at the horns you will remain calmer than staring at the horns.Besides if you stare at the horns and somethings goes wrong you know exactly what you just missed and that will haunt ya like a bad dream.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
I've heard it all before, but I couldn't help it..its like the guy with no arm. You know you shouldn't stare or discriminate, but you can't help it! I just need to go through google pictures "bucks" and practice seeing only the lungs.

Facebook Comments